• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to make a playable bluray disc?

JT!

So we received a disc at work to be played on a bluray player. The player we have at work spits it out and says it's not compatible. Other bluray players will play it fine. I ripped the file to my computer and I think the issue is is that it is a file burned to a bluray disc and not a bluray disc (like all the regular movies would be) and that's why it's having an issue playing it.

How do I burn this footage to a bluray disc so that it's formatted like an actually store bought bluray movie and not simply a file burned to the disc?

If it's a simple video file like avi, mp4, m2ts you need to convert it to a complaint bluray structure. RedFox does not have such a product. Take a look at vso convertXtoHD

So we received a disc at work to be played on a bluray player. The player we have at work spits it out and says it's not compatible.
Did you verify that was a bluray player?

The player may have settings to indicate the source is data. My player expects a BR complaint disc but there is a mode for a data disc and that will play a single file.

Yeah I flipped through the options and couldn't find anything. My bluray at home plays it fine.

I believe it's a Samsung BD-J5100.

Currently converting using the software suggested above.

So we received a disc at work to be played on a bluray player.
So what kinda disc was it?

What model?

I believe it's a Samsung BD-J5100.
Is that the one at work? BD will play dvd and various other optical media if the reads various formats it will play them but if it only recognizes dvd or bd format then that is all that you can play.

Yeah the j5100 is the one at work. I'm not sure how to tell what kind of disc is it. But the disc I made with convertXtoHD also did not work either.

Unusual. First things first we need to clarify some things then. What "file" are you working with as a source. Is it a portable file like "avi,mp4,..." or an ISO? Did you try the CxHD output in a software player like PowerDVD?

No you didn't. He basically said the same thing I asked. What color is he working with and that encoding might be needed. To this day it's still unknown what the source file is.

No you didn't. He basically said the same thing I asked. What color is he working with and that encoding might be needed. To this day it's still unknown what the source file is.
I would concur without knowing even the source of the file no one is going to be able to figure out how and why. So if one doesn't want to tell what the source file type is this is all for nothing.

Back