• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to make a discless version of a DVD/BD

shaunvis

I'm not trying to copy a dvd or rip the individual video files. I know how to do that

I don't even know if this is possible. What I'd like to do is pop in a dvd, rip it all to a file that works like the disc did.

So you'd end up with a file like MovieTitle.mkv (or whatever format). You open the file in Plex or something and you have the same menus, chapters, audio tracks, etc.

Is this even possible? If so, how?

thanks!

No. Matroska was supposed to get menu support at some point, but I doubt we'll ever see it. Your best bet is to rip to an ISO or folder, whichever your tools of choice support. ISO will give you the single file your looking for, but I don't think PLEX supports that (PLEX users, please correct me).

Although, you'd probably find it much more convenient to just convert the relevant titles to individual media files (either MKV or MP4, whichever strikes your fancy).

DrX

Thank, I was hoping there was some new magic software out there I hadn't heard of yet.

My issue is I want to do this with some "Extras" discs so there's a ton of individual files when you rip them. I was hoping to do something cool.

Thanks though

Thank, I was hoping there was some new magic software out there I hadn't heard of yet.

My issue is I want to do this with some "Extras" discs so there's a ton of individual files when you rip them. I was hoping to do something cool.

Thanks though

I, too, love the special features. I rip the disc and transcode the titles to MKV. Yeah, it can be laborious when there are a ton of features.

I'm not trying to copy a dvd or rip the individual video files. I know how to do that

I don't even know if this is possible. What I'd like to do is pop in a dvd, rip it all to a file that works like the disc did.

So you'd end up with a file like MovieTitle.mkv (or whatever format). You open the file in Plex or something and you have the same menus, chapters, audio tracks, etc.

Is this even possible? If so, how?

thanks!
It is possible. The file format is ".iso", AnyDVD creates it out of the box. But Plex doesn't support it. You need something else like Kodi or other disc-aware player software.

Back