• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question How to log into HBOMax through a Provider not working

Latiron

I followed the steps in the post for how to login to HBOMax. However, there is one step where it states to click "SUBSCRIBED". That step does not exist. There are two options on this page:

CHOOSE A PLAN or CLICK HERE IF YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBED.

There isn't a button or link to click on that only states SUBSCRIBED. When I click on the CLICK HERE IF YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBED, it takes me to the provider page for me to choose my provider, which I do, and then looks like it's working, but then I get a popup message that states the following:

"Can't Verify Your Subscription
It looks like your account doesn't have access to HBO Max. If you think this is a mistake, please check with your provider."

So if I click Sign In and then choose my provider like I normally would do, and sign in, everything works normally.

How can I get this working? The ONLY reason I just paid $60+ for teh AS+ addon, was for the HBOMax piece. I do not subscribe to any of the other options with the Plus piece, and there was not an option to do the free trial for the Plus version.

PLEASE HELP!

I followed the steps in the post for how to login to HBOMax. However, there is one step where it states to click "SUBSCRIBED". That step does not exist. There are two options on this page:

CHOOSE A PLAN or CLICK HERE IF YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBED.

There isn't a button or link to click on that only states SUBSCRIBED. When I click on the CLICK HERE IF YOU ALREADY SUBSCRIBED, it takes me to the provider page for me to choose my provider, which I do, and then looks like it's working, but then I get a popup message that states the following:

"Can't Verify Your Subscription
It looks like your account doesn't have access to HBO Max. If you think this is a mistake, please check with your provider."

So if I click Sign In and then choose my provider like I normally would do, and sign in, everything works normally.

How can I get this working? The ONLY reason I just paid $60+ for teh AS+ addon, was for the HBOMax piece. I do not subscribe to any of the other options with the Plus piece, and there was not an option to do the free trial for the Plus version.

PLEASE HELP!

Hi Latiron,

I subscribed to HBOMax thru Amazon Prime & it's working fine for me on current AnyStream beta version.

I logged out & back in to test.

When you subscribe thru Amazon Prime, you also get access to the HBO Direct website as well as HBOMax as a channel on Amazon.

Who is your subscriber?

1. I don't know what steps you use but I do the following, to logon via Provider (attached first 5 screens - on first I can choose login with provider [Amazon Prime]) in AnyStream).

2. Also, I don't even have to choose "Login from Provider anymore" after my first login to HBOMax direct via browser (Chrome) I set a different email address and password for HBOMax. (see last attached screen)

3. When I close out AnyStream & open later HBOMax is logged in.

4. If I log out of HBOMax direct website on AnyStream, I can log back in with email address/password I reset after verifying access via Chrome w/o choosing "Login with Provider".

5. I also have access to HBOMax content in Amazon Prime when I log in.

You might try doing all this from your browser first and setting up HBOMax direct there and changing the email address/password once you do it successfully in Chrome.

Then try logging into HBOMax directly (not thru provider) with email/password you reset it too.

Otherwise,

Redfox1 has stated several times that AnyStream is a downloader, not a "Browser".

Also, I'd suggest screenshots (blank out your email address/passwords) & upload & also log files.

Hope this helps you some.

Mike (just another user)

US - CST, No VPN

Attachments

• up1.jpg
    up1.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 7
  • up2.jpg
    up2.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 8
  • up3.jpg
    up3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 8
  • up4.jpg
    up4.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 8
  • up5.jpg
    up5.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 7
  • up6.jpg
    up6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
My guess would be that he gets it for free from his provider but that’s just a guess

We really need more information...

Keep in mind also, Adobe verifies your account. If they are having problems, try again later. Also, you can only create ONE account to be associated with
your provider. If one has already been created, you'll also get an error.

Adobe has also set up new restrictions on websites that only allow the main subscriber to verify a new account.

For example....my provider is Cable Company X

JohnDoe@CableCompanyX.com is the main account holder.
JaneDoe@CableCompanyX.com is a secondary account holder.

JohnDoe can create an account on HBOMAX and verify it and now have a valid direct login to use as shown in the example on how to link providers.
JaneDoe CANNOT create an account because she is NOT the main subscriber and an error will be produced as you received.

Both users can however still use their provider logins to watch in a normal browser window.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks all for the suggestions. What I ended up doing is logging into my HBOMax account, and looking around my account/profile. I noticed that there was an email listed, but there wasn't a password set. So, it looks like at least my email ported over from my Provider. I never knew this was set, as I've never even dug into the account this far before. So, I set the password for the email that was there, and then logged out. I then opened up AS and used the Signin option and then used the email address and password I just set, and it got me logged in. My apologies for creating a post without fully diving into this HBOMax account.

But hopefully my not knowing will help someone else that ends up having the same issue. So, whomever closes posts, feel free to close this one as resolved.

Thanks all for the suggestions. What I ended up doing is logging into my HBOMax account, and looking around my account/profile. I noticed that there was an email listed, but there wasn't a password set. So, it looks like at least my email ported over from my Provider. I never knew this was set, as I've never even dug into the account this far before. So, I set the password for the email that was there, and then logged out. I then opened up AS and used the Signin option and then used the email address and password I just set, and it got me logged in. My apologies for creating a post without fully diving into this HBOMax account.

But hopefully my not knowing will help someone else that ends up having the same issue. So, whomever closes posts, feel free to close this one as resolved.
Glad you noticed the email...I should have added in the setup that only ONE can be used so once it was in there, that was it.
We don't know all the changes Adobe Authentication made, but this could be another one...to pass along your email. It wouldn't pass along your password
because technically, it's never supposed to be exposed.

If you do want to change it (your email)...you can in the settings, but I'd leave it as is since it works.
All of your current settings should stay the same when the site moves over you MAX.

Back