How to know when scanning is finished?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Roundtree, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Roundtree

Roundtree Well-Known Member

I am new to using anydvd. I have used it several times now and it works perfectly. No problems.

My question is this: is there there any "sign" that anydvd gives to the user to let him know that the scanning is finished and he can proceed to copy, rip or whatever?

I am just waiting a minute or two (looking at the clock in my desk tray).

2. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

The fox turns a different shade of red when it is scanning. Once it has finished it will return back to its original red colour.

Alternatively you can enable the balloon tip: Settings > Program Settings > Show balloon tip while AnyDVD is scanning discs

3. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

...also the disc will not be visible to your system as long as AnyDVD is doing its magic. The drive will appear to be empty, so as soon as AnyDVD is finished, your system will react as if the disc had just been inserted.

4. Roundtree

Roundtree Well-Known Member

Thanks for the helpful replies. When anydvd notices that there is a dvd in one of my drives a ballon pops up from the red fox icon in my desktray. Then after a few seconds or more a WinXP menu will appear on my monitor asking me what I want to do; a list of options appears on this menu such as Play with WMP, Real Player, etc.. It is when the WinXP menu appears that I assume anydvd is finished with its scanning. Still I think there should be a more definite, specific way that anydvd tells its user that it has finished scanning the disc.

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Under Program Settings check the box for Show information window for new media. When the disc has been fully scanned the status window will pop up and you can't miss it.

[​IMG]