• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to install and uninstall Toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers in XP

the toshiba driver is still the best bet

the microsoft imapi stuff doesnt seem to work with any degree of consistency. stick to the toshiba driver

Micro$oft being in bed with the MPAA makes it unlikely they would create a workable driver to run BD on a Window$ platform.

But thanks for the link Rarr; I expect the "driver" is just a diversion, and intended to make half-hearted newbies give up. Now people will know.

Micro$oft being in bed with the MPAA makes it unlikely they would create a workable driver to run BD on a Window$ platform.

But thanks for the link Rarr; I expect the "driver" is just a diversion, and intended to make half-hearted newbies give up. Now people will know.

Right, cause, you know, Vista and Windows 7 has such huge problems with this. :bang: Let's not create nonsensical conspiracy theories where they don't exist. MS is simply not going to put resources into an 8 year old OS that is near EOL.

Thanx for info, guys, even it was not good news :)

I'm just on my way under XP64

MS is simply not going to put resources into an 8 year old OS that is near EOL.

The description in the KB article hinted, that they did... maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.

The description in the KB article hinted, that they did... maybe it was wishful thinking on my part.

That's what they claimed, yea, but, no one I know has ever gotten it to work. Yet Vista and 7 are completely fine and don't need any external help, so, clearly it's not a conspiracy issue. Not sure why they couldn't ever get it to work right on XP, but, I think they want people to move away from it at this point anyway.

Aha! I knew it was a conspiracy! :D

Well, you got me there. :D Of course, I'm of the opinion once you try 7 you'll never want to go back, but, that's just me. It always amazes me that people "stick with what works" even when it doesn't. ;)

Thanx for info, guys, even it was not good news :)

I'm just on my way under XP64

So far the microsoft drivers are working for me under XP64...

Toshiba not being available I'll stick with them, and post back if I have a problem.

So far the microsoft drivers are working for me under XP64...

Toshiba not being available I'll stick with them, and post back if I have a problem.

Erm... I see no MS drivers for XP64. Do you have a link?

Erm... I see no MS drivers for XP64. Do you have a link?

Alas no: I didn't install them by themselves, I presume they came with a series of updates.

To recap: I have an install of XP64 I rarely use (mostly I'm in ubuntu). I booted into XP for the first time in months, ran all the Microsoft updates (ie optional as well as critical) available, which took several reboots and rechecks for updates.

This was preparation for installing the MEIUDF drivers for XP64 since they were the only ones I could find. I wanted to check my region BD playback was working OK before I did since I'd read reports of the MEIUDF drivers breaking PDVD for some people.

Not only did PDVD work fine but I found I can now read Bluray discs in windows explorer. I haven't installed any third party drivers ever, nor even AnyHDDVD yet, so I assume the udf 2.5 drivers came somewhere in the updates.

The Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver considerably destabilized two of my XP SP3 PCs:

Example 1: When a SDHC card was removed from a slot and an Explorer window "looked" to this card the same time this Explorer window crashed. It even could not be killed with the Task Manger.

Example 2: When a DVD was removed from a drive and an Explorer window "looked" to this drive the same time this Explorer window crashed. It even could not be killed with the Task Manger.

Example 3: When an USB Stick was removed from a socket and an Explorer window "looked" to this USB stick the same time this Explorer window crashed. It even could not be killed with the Task Manger.

I got many Blue Sreens out if the a.m. situations.
If "Safely Remove Hardware" was successful in the situations of example 1 - 3 no problem occurred.

After uninstalling the Toshiba driver with ToshUDFuninstall.zip problems are gone.

Here is the actual driver files. I run WinXpPro 32bit, so this will be a 32bit driver. If you have WindowsXp 32bit, just unzip and right click on the INI file to INSTALL. No more chasing the ghost in the TEMP folder.

Thanks to OP and other pioneers.

Thanks for this WinXpPro 32bit file.
After install/reboot I could see the dir structure of my AVCHD in XP.
and could extract the m2ts file which I could play with a SRT(subs) on my mediaplayer WD HDTV!!

An other way is to install windows 7 (eg. under VMWare).
It support UDF 2.5 right away without any install.:agree:

Thx a lot.

Help running 64 bit system with vista ULTIMATE

I have found the files mentioned but I am also getting the message "THE INF FILE YOU HAVE SELECTED DOESNT SUPPORT YOUR METHOD OF INSTELLATION"

I downloaded your zip file and would like to know while file I download. I tried this and it doesn't have .inf or .sys at the end of the files. I would very much like to get my Xbox HD player to run on my PC.

Thanks much!

I have found the files mentioned but I am also getting the message "THE INF FILE YOU HAVE SELECTED DOESNT SUPPORT YOUR METHOD OF INSTELLATION"

Vista already has a UDF 2.5 driver built in so you don't need this

I downloaded your zip file and would like to know while file I download. I tried this and it doesn't have .inf or .sys at the end of the files. I would very much like to get my Xbox HD player to run on my PC.

Thanks much!

Did you unpack the zip file?

Sounded so good

I downloaded the udf driver, installed the inf, rebooted, but still can't read a windows 7 disk on xp that someone sent us. I can read it fine a win 7 desktop, but still can't read it on the xp machine. Image burn claims the DVD was burned with udf 2.01, but I read that win 7 uses udf 2.5, so not sure where the hang up is. XP just shows a blank disk when I insert it to XP.

Back