• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to get Disk image to play?

tonymuffin

I created a disc image of my BluRay "The Dark Knight Rises". When I right click on it and mount it to play in Total Media Theatre 5, it looks like it loads but nothing happens. It doesn't play. I am sure I must be doing something wrong. How do I get the disk image to play?

VCD is not a player but only a virtual drive to mount the ISO's.

Normally when you launch the player FIRST and then mount the iso, the player SHOULD detect the insertion of a disc and automatically start playing it. The reverse is not true however, if you mount the iso FIRST and then launch the player manually it will not start playing automatically. In that case the movie will only start playing automatically if you've configured windows autorun feature that way.

Could also simply be a bad image. How did you create it?

Yes, I am aware that VCD is not a player. As I stated, when I right click on the .iso file and click MOUNT there is an option to play in TotalMedia Theatre. When I click on that to play, TotalMedia Theatre launches, I can see the mounted drive with the BluRay Video title. When I click on the PLAY button nothing happens. In order to exit TotalMedia Theatre I need to go to Task Manager to stop it.

I tried with your steps of launching the player first and then mounting the image however that doesn work. In that configuration, TMT doesn't even see the video or think anything is mounted.

I can however, get this all to work by playing the video through VLC Media Player.

The image was created using AnyDVDHD.

Yes, I am aware that VCD is not a player. As I stated, when I right click on the .iso file and click MOUNT there is an option to play in TotalMedia Theatre. When I click on that to play, TotalMedia Theatre launches, I can see the mounted drive with the BluRay Video title. When I click on the PLAY button nothing happens. In order to exit TotalMedia Theatre I need to go to Task Manager to stop it.

I tried with your steps of launching the player first and then mounting the image however that doesn work. In that configuration, TMT doesn't even see the video or think anything is mounted.

I can however, get this all to work by playing the video through VLC Media Player.

The image was created using AnyDVDHD.

Should I not be able to perform this using TotalMedia Theatre? If so, can someone shed light as to how?

sure. Mount the iso > lauch TMT > click on the virtual drive > play

hmmmmm... Well that's exactly what I have done as I have explained. TMT never plays the video and it requires an End Task to get out of TMT when this happens.

TMT6-11-3-2013.jpgView attachment 23524
hmmmmm... Well that's exactly what I have done as I have explained. TMT never plays the video and it requires an End Task to get out of TMT when this happens.

I have the Chris Nolan movie, and I used AnyDVD HD just like you did, and use VirtualClone like exactly just like you, and I also have TMT6 as well.

I followed the instructions that Ch3vr0n posted, and I had no problems seeing the movie.

I mount the .iso file using VirtualClone Drive
Launch TMT5
TMT5 sees the mounted drive and video
I click play on TMT5
TMT5 starts to spin as if it is going to do something
Then TMT5 freezes, nada, does nothing, becomes un-responsive. At this stage it requires an End Task from Task Manager to get of TMT5

Back