• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to delete irrelevent playlist

Todd Breault

Hello,

I have run into an issue with all the Hunger Games Movies. I play the first option which generally plays well with other movies. With this series the first option isn't the best. It skips all over hell and cant keep track of the story line. I can keep a list of what playlist works and what doesn't but is there a way to delete all playlists but the one that actually works in KODI?

Welcome to the world of screenpass protection. KODI is not a licensed Blu-ray player and as such randomly picks a playlist. You need to tell it to use the one mentioned in the abyss status window. You DO NOT delete mpls files themselves, or you risk damaging the file structure. You're not supposed to rip to folder anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

AnyDVD has a feature that reduces the length of all the fake playlists, so the good one is now the longest (which effectively does what you want)
Kodi should work with that feature depending on the settings you have.
Make sure you have the following setting in Kodi :

System > Settings > Video > Discs > Blu-ray Playback Mode > play main movie.

Kodi should then choose and play the correct playlist automatically.

Tested here with AnyDVD 8.0.9.0/Kodi 16.1 and all Hunger Games discs (USA) except Mockingjay Pt2 with the above setting in Kodi.
Probably one of the most understated recent features added by RedFox.

I tried the kodi fix and still had issues unless the director was on crack. I've noticed scenes still are split. Better than the first option. I ripped this about a month ago, maybe more. Has Redfox fixed this since then?

I tried the kodi fix and still had issues unless the director was on crack. I've noticed scenes still are split. Better than the first option. I ripped this about a month ago, maybe more. Has Redfox fixed this since then?
If it has already been ripped as decrypted before the disc was actually handled correctly. Then there is no way to get rid of the playlist obfuscation on it.
The best option for you IMO is to rerip to a protected ISO ( the only way AnyDVDHD displays the correct playlists of a ripped media). Or using the original disc rip only the correct playlist with CloneBD.

Currently I rip directly to ISO. I do this for lossless audio and video. I also have DVDFab 9 which seems to work. But not a fan of losing anything passed 5.1. Is there any way to keep lossless audio and not have it skip? Will clonebd do that?

It depends what version of AnyDVD was used (I think this feature was added in v8.0.4.2)
If you mount the ISO and open 'disc.inf' (on root of the disc) you should be able to see which AnyDVD version was used to make the ISO, you can also double check if there is a playlist listed inside the 'disc.inf' file too. Any text editor (e.g notepad) should open the file.

Currently I rip directly to ISO. I do this for lossless audio and video. I also have DVDFab 9 which seems to work. But not a fan of losing anything passed 5.1. Is there any way to keep lossless audio and not have it skip? Will clonebd do that?

Yes CloneBD can make a movie only copy (just the proper main movie no extras etc) and passthrough the video/audio losslessly/untouched.
This feature is actually available for free in CloneBD.

Yes it will. There's plenty of tutorials on here that shows you how to use it. And if doing only lossless A/V a license is not required.
Just install the latest version.
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupCloneBD.exe
Then go here for the tutorials.
https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/tutorials.103/
And here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/clonebd.89/

Edit:
This tutorial:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/how-to-convert-a-3d-blu-ray-video-to-3d-mkv-with-clonebd.70555/
Can also be used for a 2D as well just skip the 3D specific steps.
Maybe @tectpro could make a 2D tutorial on here to prevent any confusions

Last edited:
Back