• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to create profile for prog that doesn't need installation?

I'm really sorry. That wasn't anywhere in my mind, but I apologize. What I was trying to do was anser your earlier question that said something like "I don't know what you want me to do". So to answer I said I wanted your help in telling me if there were anything else I could try or if there was anything else I should avoid. I didn't really want or expect you to give me a lot of detail tht would take much of your time.

1.. Find the .exe in the folder you created on your hard drive that starts the program.

2. Click "alt" and drag the .exe to your desktop. This will create a shortcut.

3. Ensure the original cd is in your optical drive

4. Double click the shortcut.

5. If the program doesn't run at that point, then Game Jackal won't work either. Either you've installed the program incorrectly, or something on your system is blocking the program from working correctly (virtual drives, possibly Clonecdtray, Anydvd, and security software may be the culprits)

6. If the program does run, exit the program.

7. Start Game Jackal.

8. Right click on the shortcut you created, and select "Convert to Game Jackal profile".

9. The Target drive letter is the one that contains the original cd. You're asked to remove it.

10. Use the Automatic Mode with quick launch. You now need to put the original cd back in your optical drive.

11. The program should start. After the program starts, exit, and let Game Jackal finish profiling.

12. Remove the original cd.

13. Double click the shortcut you created in step 2.

Last edited:
Webslinger, you are a steely-eyed missile man. You are the best! I can't thank you enough.

Your procedure worked PERFECTLY! Maybe you SHOULD work for SlySoft!

I spent hours and hours trying it exactly as the tutorial and the wisard told me and nothing worked. Nothing. But your procedure - and your procedure alone - did the job where everything else failed.

I am so glad you accepted my very sincere apology, because if you were still mad at me you wouldn't have given me this priceless set of instructions! And you know, I never thought for a second that anything I said to you was mean or insulting or too demanding, but I guess I was wrong and I messed up.

Maybe you should make the procedure I quote below a sticky so it can help others or maybe ask SlySoft to include it in their help or tutorial or whatever.

Thank you thank you thank you.

1.. Find the .exe in the folder you created on your hard drive that starts the program.

2. Click "alt" and drag the .exe to your desktop. This will create a shortcut.

3. Ensure the original cd is in your optical drive

4. Double click the shortcut.

5. If the program doesn't run at that point, then Game Jackal won't work either. Either you've installed the program incorrectly, or something on your system is blocking the program from working correctly (virtual drives, possibly Clonecdtray, Anydvd, and security software may be the culprits)

6. If the program does run, exit the program.

7. Start Game Jackal.

8. Right click on the shortcut you created, and select "Convert to Game Jackal profile".

9. The Target drive letter is the one that contains the original cd. You're asked to remove it.

10. Use the Automatic Mode with quick launch

11. The program should start. After the program starts, exit, and let Game Jackal finish profiling.

And you know, I never thought for a second that anything I said to you was mean or insulting or too demanding, but I guess I was wrong and I messed up.

My apologies

Perhaps I misinterpreted what you meant originally.

1. I now suggest you run Game Jackal.

2. Under the the "My Games Profiles" menu, right click on the Video Professor icon.

3. Select "Lock Capture Mode". This helps to ensure your working profile doesn't get modified in any way.

Back