• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to copy multi-movie disks

JefferyS

I have several disk that contain more than one movie. Example 15 Action Movies Featuring Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris.

A disk could have 5 movies on it but Any DVD only copies the first.

How can I get all the movies with Any DVD or another way?

Thanks,

Jeffery

That's not possible. AnyDVD only rips entire discs, it CANNOT rip individual titles. What IS possible is that some form of protection stops anydvd from discovering the other titles. For full diagnostics, you'd need to provide more details and post an anydvd logfile in the proper section

Thanks Ch3vr0n, It did seem to rip the entire disk so I looked in Handbreak and found that it found multiple items in the same disk folder. Going to let it run tonight and see what happens.

Thanks your "CANNOT rip individual titles" got me to thinking :)

A disk could have 5 movies on it but Any DVD only copies the first.
I have quite a few discs that contain multiple movies. These are singular unrelated movies, not chapters of a serialized story, or episodes.
This practice is quite common with distributors of old timey B roll sci-fi, horror and slasher flicks.
I use Elby's CLONE DVD to lift each film from the disc individually, and create its own VIDEO_TS folder. In quite a few instances this has worked just fine with me.
Success entirely depends on how the original disc was structured. If say three films are gathered under one menu, and menu retention is not chosen at start, you will wind up with a single file of three movies,
like a long run on sentence.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Art.

Back