• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to copy 3D movies?

gga01

Hi,
using AnydvdHD since years for blurays, I tried to copy 'Sanctum' or 'Life of Pi' in 3D.
Usually the way is to look for the right playlist with BDINFO, than TSMUXER to copy the content.
This Content is then transferred to a BD disk.
But: there is only 2D to see.

What's wrong, how do I have to change my procedure?
thx

When copying 3D you have to make an image of the disc and burn that back. You can't use TSmuxer on a 3D disc

Thx., even if I don't like the consequences:
most of 3D-BD's do have sizes> 30GB which do not fit on a 25GB BD.
But: most of the movies do fit and I don't want to copy all that scrap around the main movie; that's why I normally use TSMUXER.
Isn't there any other option to extract the important stuff?

Not really, as soon as you extract it it unpacks the second eye which then makes it even bigger

pitty,
thought AnyHD will make it for the rest of BluRays live;
do I really now have to invest in DVDFAB on top ... :-((

not really. DVDFab can't properly handle 3D discs either. I've tried over a dozen with them, only 2 managed to shrink (he other 10 gave a filter error) and both of em were riddled with visual artifacts. So far there is No product that exists capable of shrinking 3D discs.

The only proper and guaranteed to work way to backup 3D discs is: Rip to Image with anydvd's ripper > burn image to disc (with imgburn). All done

I thought it was just me having those issues with it, glad to see it doesn't work for you either

well no surprise there considering fengtao's reputation ;)

Your experiences sound interesting...
Have one ever tried actual DVDFAB BLU RAY COPY?
The specs describe exactly what I aim for: e.g. copy 3D-BD main movie (forget about shrink, that's nonsense with (3D-)BD) to a 25GB BD which then works in a BD player.

Thread moved to Third Party Products forum. Please do no discuss TP software in the AnyDVD troubleshooting forum.

Back