• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to convert m2ts file back to compatible to bluray standard?

JohnM

I have 1 UHD player and a regular Marantz blu-ray player. I prefer my Marantz player as it is very musical. I ripped my legally owned Baby Driver UHD disc and got the m2ts file but it won't play in my Marantz player if I burned to blu-ray disc. Does any1 know if there is any program that could convert this m2ts file back to blu-ray standard files so that I could burn into blu-ray disc and playable in my Marantz player? And make sure the Dolby Atmos track of this m2ts file is still intact after converted to blu-ray standard file. Thanks

Wrong section, moved. Not an anydvd issue. Anydvd only rips 1:1, it doesn't convert. M2ts files ARE standard blu-ray files. Check any random disc's BDMV/STREAM folder. Sounds to me that you copied just the m2ts file out, and that wasn't with anydvd. It also indicates that your player doesn't like to play just m2ts files. You need to check your player manual which files are supported if your intent is to have the movie in 1 single file (such as mkv, avi, MP4)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Hi Ch3vr0n

Actually I didn’t burn that m2ts file into Blu-ray Disc yet. I just assumed it wouldn’t work because the video is in 4K form and I am not sure it will play in my Marantz player. So I will burn this m2ts file to Blu-ray Disc to see what happens. Stay tuned.

Don't, it won't work either. You need to burn the ENTIRE RIP (bdmv & certificate folder) onto a disc. Or convert the rip with something like CloneBD into an mkv. 4k is a resolution, it has no effect on the file being m2ts or anything else

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Just make sure you know what you're doing. You need to use the proper file system etc... If your not sure, just download and let Imgburn do it for you. It'll make sure everything's right.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Actually

The main movie m2ts file is 54 gig so it won’t fit in the Blu-ray Disc. I need to convert it. Please help. So you said I need ClonBD to convert then what next. Can you please show me step by step? Thanks

Ch3

Wow CloneBD looks like the program I am looking for. Thanks.

CloneBD can shrink to a standard BD25/50, Your 54gig fits fine on a BD-XL though but those are $$$

The main movie m2ts file is 54 gig so it won’t fit in the Blu-ray Disc. I need to convert it. Please help. So you said I need ClonBD to convert then what next. Can you please show me step by step? Thanks

CloneBD can shrink to a standard BD25/50, Your 54gig fits fine on a BD-XL though but those are $$$

Even if the BDMV/CERTIFICATE folders fit on a Blu Ray disc, I doubt the Marantz Blu Ray player can play it if it's UHD resolution and bit rate.

I believe you would have use CloneBD to create an mkv and downgrade the resolution to 1920 X 1080 for a standard Blu Ray player to handle it.

T

A BD player can't decode/play H.265 video (UHD)
Why not just watch the regular BD disc that comes with the UHD disc? But then, why buy the UHD in the first place?

Back