• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to convert 4K/UHD files so to be burned on to a BD-25-50?

JOHN L

I need the how to on converting UHD/4K files to SD in the BD clone program. Thanks

Load the movie. Do "partial copy". Select the main movie. Check the box in the next window "Convert to blu ray disc".

Notes: You can't copy an UHD keeping the menu structure. Only main movie.
You should use 1.2.9.1 instead of 1.2.9.2 since in the newer one is a bug that slows things down dramatically.
You should have an NVIDIA graphics card >= 1050 for GPU accelerated conversion.

You can also compress the whole disc to BD25 -50 if you use compression. No need to convert from UHD to SD. Reducing e.g. a 70GB disc to 50GB has IMHO not visual degradation. Same applies to 40GB discs reducing to 25GB. Deleting some unneeded languages also helps saving space. Please be aware that 50GB backups have their issues at the layer break and video can hang or stutter unless you burn with a Pioneer drive at 2x speed with good discs e.g. Verbatim Japan.

I don't have any 4K movie disc or means of playing one. I am starting with a 4K movie file but I don't know which one to use. I read some where that I need UHD HEVC 10 bit file? I tried a movie file that was like this 2160 blu-ray remux HEVC DTS-HD MA or similar. Knowing what file to start with is what I am needing and anything else I might need to know in your opinion would be helpful. Thanks

I guess you understand that I trying to burn 4K movie file to a blank BR disc using my CloneBD ? Thanks

BDRebuilder can burn its work to a BD using Imgburn. CloneBD can not handle MKV etc. files as an input source.

BDRebuilder can burn its work to a BD using Imgburn. CloneBD can not handle MKV etc. files as an input source.
Absolutely coop. It is all in the right settings. If everything is installed as mentioned, you only need a suitable config file for your purpose. This can be set in by copy and paste.

When I try to convert UHD to 50GB I get an error after the first 5 seconds of conversion unless Convert to Blu Ray is checked. Any idea why?

When I try to convert UHD to 50GB I get an error after the first 5 seconds of conversion unless Convert to Blu Ray is checked. Any idea why?
It only works perfectly if you have a NVIDIA card 1050 or better. What GPU do you have?

Sorry, it's a very old computer that I just use for ripping and burning media.

Back