• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to apply encryption (AACS, BD+, etc.) to a Bluray/AVCHD ?

ahmadka

Hi guys .. This isn't related directly to any SlySoft product, but still I think the question suits this forum ..

I wanted to know how can I *apply* Blu-ray encryption (AACS, BD+, etc) to my own AVCHD/Blurays ? Is this possible somehow ? I just wanted to try it out as it seems exciting :p .. I've searched online, but haven't found anything directly addressing this topic ..

Do Blu-ray Authoring tools provide this maybe ? Or maybe some other small commandline/GUI based program which can encrypt an ISO directly by generating AACS key pairs or something ?

Just thought I'd ask ..

Hi guys .. This isn't related directly to any SlySoft product, but still I think the question suits this forum ..

I wanted to know how can I *apply* Blu-ray encryption (AACS, BD+, etc) to my own AVCHD/Blurays ? Is this possible somehow ? I just wanted to try it out as it seems exciting :p .. I've searched online, but haven't found anything directly addressing this topic ..

Do Blu-ray Authoring tools provide this maybe ? Or maybe some other small commandline/GUI based program which can encrypt an ISO directly by generating AACS key pairs or something ?

Just thought I'd ask ..

You might have to ask the studio that encrypt their movies to sale that would be your best route to go as they are the one using the protection. As anything goes you can make it they can break it.......And you can also search online for copy protection as well. So you really don't need to ask here but searching the net will give you results to look at.

Yup, I know it can be easily broken .. But I just felt like trying it out still :p ... So it can't be done by a home user ? Going to a Studio and asking them to do it is simply not worth it .. I was just wondering if a person could do it themselves for their own stuff ..

Yup, I know it can be easily broken .. But I just felt like trying it out still :p ... So it can't be done by a home user ? Going to a Studio and asking them to do it is simply not worth it .. I was just wondering if a person could do it themselves for their own stuff ..

You can check the net. Also some of those encryption your asking about can and could be IP and that would rule you out from using them unless you pay a premium to use their software as well. What are you trying to encrypt in the first place??

To apply encryption to DVD or BD (or DVD-Audio, or SACD), the ONLY way to do it is is to use a more professional authoring application, set the settings to flag inclusion of encryption, save/export/burn to a disc, or discimage on HDD, etc., then ship it to a replication plant ($$$) where THEY apply the encryption during their mass run of 1000s of stamped copies.

If you are not willing to do all that, it is NOT possible.

Every BD-recorder can apply AACS encryption, so yes, of course, you can encrypt yourself.
It's a well documented procedure.

Just thought I'd ask ..

No, users cannot add AACS or BD+ to anything written a BD-R (single or dual layer).

If they could, Cinavia wouldn't be an issue.

No, users cannot add AACS or BD+ to anything written a BD-R (single or dual layer).

If they could, Cinavia wouldn't be an issue.

Again: yes, they can.

In essence that was what DVDFab did, to make earlier versions of the PS3 ignore Cinavia on copies. Now the PS3 checks for BDROM, not only for AACS.
And again: that is what BD recorders do all the time.

Yes, but that's standalone recorders that can do that. Not consumer level software, there is no such consumer software anymore. As you say DVDfab was able to do so but Sony closed that loophole quickly. I think op is looking for consumer level software like imgburn to add aacs protection,and THAT does not exist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BD-R encryption with aacs protection

Yes, but that's standalone recorders that can do that. Not consumer level software, there is no such consumer software anymore. As you say DVDfab was able to do so but Sony closed that loophole quickly. I think op is looking for consumer level software like imgburn to add aacs protection,and THAT does not exist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Can any one suggest me , how to do BD-R encryption with aacs protection ??
What kind of procedure/method & software it follows to do the process???
Is there any document available for it ??
I'm working on it from last five months :bang:, but didn't get any proper document for it.
So please kind request to help me :(:confused:

Can any one suggest me , how to do BD-R encryption with aacs protection ??
What kind of procedure/method & software it follows to do the process???
Is there any document available for it ??
I'm working on it from last five months :bang:, but didn't get any proper document for it.
So please kind request to help me :(:confused:

It's all the the - freely available - documentation from AACS-LA. Do a search and within 5 minutes, not 5 months, you'll have the complete documentation.
(Ok, you'll have to print it, in order to get it on actual paper).

Why do you need to add AACS encryption to your BD-R?

It's all the the - freely available - documentation from AACS-LA. Do a search and within 5 minutes, not 5 months, you'll have the complete documentation.
(Ok, you'll have to print it, in order to get it on actual paper).

Don't you need an AACS private key / certificate to apply AACS?

Don't you need an AACS private key / certificate to apply AACS?

As far as I understand it, all you need is an MKB (any one) - a set of valid device keys (or a processing key) and then the procedure is pretty much the same as with BDROM.
Instead of the Volume ID, the Media ID is used in a similar manner.

So, sure, you need AACS keys - but my guess is, an MKB version 1 would suffice and a processing key for that one at the very least is known and all over the internet.

As far as I understand it, all you need is an MKB (any one) - a set of valid device keys (or a processing key) and then the procedure is pretty much the same as with BDROM.

So, sure, you need AACS keys - but my guess is, an MKB version 1 would suffice and a processing key for that one at the very least is known and all over the internet.

What about the content hashes? Don't they need to be signed somehow? I am a little surprised, that applying AACS would be so easy.

BD-R encryption with aacs protection

Why do you need to add AACS encryption to your BD-R?

"It's all the the - freely available - documentation from AACS-LA. Do a search and within 5 minutes, not 5 months, you'll have the complete documentation.
(Ok, you'll have to print it, in order to get it on actual paper)."- Posted by Pete

I have already read those documents as I m working from last 5 months. My objective is to play an AACS protected BD-R on any kind of BD Player.
This means , I want to give protection to the disc (BD-R specially) only ,not to the player/playback device.
So for that reason, now I m doing encryption coding but still I need a proper way for this. Is there any software to do this things at end user level or any kind algorithm for it.

Thanks !!!!

Last edited:

Can you explain me what is the procedure for BDROM AACS encryption ??

For BDROM you have to apply through a BD Replication house. I haven't looked in to it in a while, but it used to be that you had to sign an agreement, then it was a fee for each title plus a fee per disc for that title

Last edited:
For BDROM you have to apply through a BD Replication house. I haven't looked in to it in a while, but it used to be that you had to sign an agreement, then it was a fee for each title plus a fee per disc for that title

But i want to do it without any agreement & fee. Is there any way to do it ??:confused:

I don't think anyone here has the specific answer you are looking for, so you are going to have to figure it out for yourself.

Back