• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How to add iTunes metadata?

audiodane

Hello,

This may be the wrong sub-forum, and if so, I apologize.

I'm fairly new to BD backups, and just downloaded AnyDVDHD and CloneBD last night to put a copy of a movie we bought on his iPod touch. We've had the movie for years, so it does not included a digital copy. I made the rip last night, converted it waaaaaaay down in quality to save space (and on his poor little iPod you can hardly even tell), and dragged-and-dropped it into iTunes to push to his iPod. This all worked fantastically! Except now I am lacking the fancy information that an iTunes purchase has (director, actor, release year, etc, etc). I can put most of this information in manually, and did so in the case of this particular movie that he wanted on his iPod, but am wondering if there's a better way?

I am also forward-looking towards purchasing the full up license for AnyDVDHD and CloneBD to allow a similar process for other older movies that we own (DVD and BD), and the task of manually adding all the metadata via iTunes "Get Info" seems to be a bit on the unnecessarily slow and tedious side of things. I am trying to iron out the overall process (disc->rip->iTunes->iPod) before I pull the trigger on purchasing a license.

When ripping old audiobooks from CDs, there is a great software called Chapter and Verse that one could use to query online databases (I forget which at the moment, Audible perhaps?), and it would grab/scrape the relevant metadata (image, author, release year, description, etc) and stuff it into the audiobook .m4b file.

Is there a similar mechanism to embed relevant metadata for ripped movies before and/or after import into iTunes?

cheers,
..dane

I do believe Itune does that, but alas I am not an Itunes user so maybe Meta Z.

Meta Z is the way to do this. You can add a couple of things directly in iTunes, but most of what you want won't be there. I use AnyDVD HD/Clone BD/Meta Z to load all my movies into iTunes so we can watch them with my Apple TV's.

Thank you! Although, unfortunately, I'm on a Windows platform. :( I looked up MetaZ (and iDentify 2) and both are Mac-only applications. sigh.

I will continue searching, now that I know a LITTLE more what to look for. If anyone has any Windows-based ideas, I'm all ears!

..dane

I just noticed that today too, after posting the above message. I also stumbled across Media Monkey, Sickbeard MP4 Automator, and Double Feature. I plan to investigate all three of those along with MetaX to see what solution seems to work best. I will report back with my findings, but it may be a week or more before I get the time..

Hi,
Just as an FYI, I have wrote a replacement app for iDentify 2. It is called "Softron Metadata Editor" and uses the latest API from Apple to do its job (AVFoundation stuff). It is available on the Mac App Store.
Comments and suggestions are welcome !

Hope this helps

Daniel

Back