• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How many hours of operation can a lifetime license pay for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ John Hammond.
John Hammond, I for one understand the point you are making. In the current economic climate, Redfox probably can only sustain itself for about 3 years with 5 being the absolute maximum. Before another full license reset. It is just the reality of the situation.
That might be entirely true except for 1 fact. there was no license reset. The American laws allowed the government to force the Antiguan government to shut down Slysoft or face trade laws that would be excessive for a small country. They held out for a long time, but couldn't hold out forever. Fortunately the owner, and the employees came to an agreement over lost wages, and rights to the programs, and Redfox was formed. If it hadn't happened, there would be no arguing about things, we would be crying in our beer.

That might be entirely true except for 1 fact. there was no license reset. The American laws allowed the government to force the Antiguan government to shut down Slysoft or face trade laws that would be excessive for a small country. They held out for a long time, but couldn't hold out forever. Fortunately the owner, and the employees came to an agreement over lost wages, and rights to the programs, and Redfox was formed. If it hadn't happened, there would be no arguing about things, we would be crying in our beer.
Except I'd be crying in my Orange juice. I hate beer.

Just a bit of levity there.

:)

John Hammond, I for one understand the point you are making.

Thank you for your reply.

My point is not though that a company (or "project") should be able to operate without funds. My point is that if it is known that the lifetime license is a hoax, why does the "project" offer it in the first place?

Let's say 100% of the users purchase a lifetime license. What does this mean? It means the "project" is guaranteed to run out of funds sooner or later. So basically, the more people believe in the lifetime license, the less likely it happens. That's fairly ironic.

Why does the "project" refuse to limit licenses to two years? It's not like it wouldn't be possible to offer gratifications for long-term customers anyway - the third renewal could be free, for example.

Thank you for your reply.

My point is not though that a company (or "project") should be able to operate without funds. My point is that if it is known that the lifetime license is a hoax, why does the "project" offer it in the first place?

Let's say 100% of the users purchase a lifetime license. What does this mean? It means the "project" is guaranteed to run out of funds sooner or later. So basically, the more people believe in the lifetime license, the less likely it happens. That's fairly ironic.

Why does the "project" refuse to limit licenses to two years? It's not like it wouldn't be possible to offer gratifications for long-term customers anyway - the third renewal could be free, for example.
It is not a hoax. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

You keep commenting on things you clearly have little to no understanding of. Even after being REQUESTED to stop.

End of story, nothing you say will change what happened and what will happen in the future.

Either join the project by purchasing a license or don't. Most SlySoft users have done so.

If you are so concerned about being lied to by RedFox, and still want having an up-to-date AnyDVD, purchase a timed license. Lifetime is NOT the only option.

Last edited:
It is not a hoax. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

I have stated the FACTS (yay, capital letters for the win!) why it is. Seriously, who do you think you can impress with your butthurt howling? You don't rebut a single argument I've written.

I have stated the FACTS (yay, capital letters for the win!) why it is. Seriously, who do you think you can impress with your butthurt howling? You don't rebut a single argument I've written.
The discussion is way past getting circular, going nowhere.

Perhaps you could please read this:

RedFox Forum Rules

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or anything similar.

Advertising, spamming and trolling not allowed. This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.

The discussion is way past getting circular, going nowhere.

There is no discussion.

There are some answers to some questions, some interesting information (like that the software terms & conditions are a hoax, too) and a lot of people repeating:"Don't like it, don't buy it." That's not a discussion. A discussion is an exchange of arguments.

Let's say you need 3 hours a week to add new decryptions

It is more than that on average, believe me.
Yet still:

Let's say 100% of the users purchase a lifetime license. What does this mean? It means the "project" is guaranteed to run out of funds sooner or later. So basically, the more people believe in the lifetime license, the less likely it happens.
Let's say that 100% of all marriages are a one time thing - sort of a life time deal (it used to be the plan, anyway). So you're saying, marriages are guaranteed to cease sooner or later (or - considering that this game has been played for millennia - ceased a long time ago), since everybody is already married.
Still ten thousands or hundred thousands of marriages happen every day.
What a paradox! How can that be? ;)

The point is: neither SlySoft nor RedFox really ever wanted lifetime licenses, because - yes - all in all, they pay off less.
It's simple: people wanted them and kept begging, so here they are.

They are being offered and trust me, if SlySoft wouldn't have been "ended" by force, they'd continue to honor lifetime licenses for the next 30 or 40 years to come. And in 30 or 40 years they'd still get bought despite your rather static view of market saturation, which doesn't really work that way :)

No hoax nowhere. Tin-foil-hat-off-time now.

Last edited:
There is no discussion.

There are some answers to some questions, some interesting information (like that the software terms & conditions are a hoax, too) and a lot of people repeating:"Don't like it, don't buy it." That's not a discussion. A discussion is an exchange of arguments.

Perhaps the word that is causing the problem is the word "Lifetime"

Perhaps it should be called "A single payment Licence"

Come up with something less bulky and they might consider it.
"'Extended' license", maybe? Extended beyond the timed yearly licenses.

"'Unlimited'" license?

Just throwing out some ideas. ;) The "Lifetime" definition is definitely getting lawyered to DEATH.

Unrestricted

There are no time-based restrictions but there are also no promises for the duration or usability.

Unrestricted

There are no time-based restrictions but there are also no promises for the duration or usability.
I can see all the yelling and screaming from people who have timed yearly licenses, complaining their licenses don't have full AnyDVD functionality when nothing other than the time period is restricted.

Almost the same as your interpretation of what "Lifetime" means.

Enough. This topic has derailed way off the original questions and turned into a trolling fest. Both of you need to relax. If you can't play nice, just ignore each other. Locking this before the trolling goes into slander & insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back