• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How many hours of operation can a lifetime license pay for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Hammond

Let's be generous and assume that 100% of the 109 EUR actually end up somewhere to pay for stuff. How long would this last? How many licenses would have to be sold to actually have enough money to cover the costs for 4 years?

Let's say you need 3 hours a week to add new decryptions - that would be 624 man hours development for four years. How much money does a developer actually get per hour?

Last but not least: who controls the money? Why wouldn't the guy who controls it now, run away with it like the former CEO? It's not like the other people could easily sue him or her.

How long will it last? That's never a certainty within the decryption business. 'the powers that be are always lurking'
How many? Sorry, that's need to know info and a normal user like us doesn't need to know
How much do developers earn? None of your business, that's need to know and the only ones that need to know are the developers and the ones that do the payout.
Who controls the cash? Again, none of your business. There's is no ceo, there is no 1 person that controls all the funding. The team is completely decentralised.

Sorry but your asking questions info the financial side of redfox that simply are none of your or anyone else's business.

You can ask, but any insightful answers would mean the answered would have to kill you. So for the sake of your wife and children, Chevy's answer is all you will get.

If it's totally decentralised, everyone could just take all the money - that would be the logical consequence.

Why is there an offer for a lifetime license at all?

I said the TEAM was decentralised, not the cash. Ever consider that multiple persons can control the finances or require multiple authorisations to do anything?

Again, your asking questions that simply are none of your business. Just as much as it's none of our business to ask how much you earn or insight into your finances. You'd say the the same thing 'none of your business'.

Again, your asking questions that simply are none of your business. Just as much as it's none of our business to ask how much you earn or insight into your finances. You'd say the the same thing 'none of your business'.

You love this "none of your business", right?

There is a huge difference - I'm not asking you for money in exchange for a service, so just reversing the roles is completely moronic, sorry. Now if I would ask you to get a car for me, then my financial details whether I can actually pay the car in the end or not, would suddenly become your business, wouldn't it?

How about this: I scan in my tax papers and then I get the answers, deal?
Why? Because it doesn't hurt me at all if you know how much money I make per year. It's none of your business, but it doesn't hurt me. So, this leads to the question: Why does it hurt the project if this information is available?

Let's be generous and assume that 100% of the 109 EUR actually end up somewhere to pay for stuff. How long would this last? How many licenses would have to be sold to actually have enough money to cover the costs for 4 years?

Let's say you need 3 hours a week to add new decryptions - that would be 624 man hours development for four years. How much money does a developer actually get per hour?

Last but not least: who controls the money? Why wouldn't the guy who controls it now, run away with it like the former CEO? It's not like the other people could easily sue him or her.
John Hammond , none of the financials are any of your business. How much someone makes is none of your business. Either you want to buy into the project or you do not. Bottom line, the only thing that is your business is how good the programs work. If you need instruction, post, if you do not, then please stop asking silly questions. This post does not require a reply.

The usefulness of the program depends on the availability of the OPD which depends on the financial situation of the "project". Therefore it is my business. I rest my case.

The usefulness of the program depends on the availability of the OPD which depends on the financial situation of the "project". Therefore it is my business. I rest my case.
You are correct. Its still none of your business. Have some faith or dont have any faith, its up to you, now do you understand that your questions are not going to be answered? Support the project or dont. Thats your answer. You will not get another.

I thought I purchase a software license with a 90 day warranty. ("RedFox warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying materials for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of receipt."). You are talking about "supporting a project". If it's about "supporting a project" a "Donate" button would be more appropriate, wouldn't it be?

I thought I purchase a software license with a 90 day warranty. ("RedFox warrants that the Software will perform substantially in accordance with the accompanying materials for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of receipt."). You are talking about "supporting a project". If it's about "supporting a project" a "Donate" button would be more appropriate, wouldn't it be?
No it wouldn't. Sorry this thread has gone on long enough. Your questions have no merit, and even though I usually appreciate persistent people, I really think we have exhausted this conversation. Join the Project and be happy. When persistence turns into just plain " nosey" its not helping you or the project. Goodbye. I am not going to lock this thread, but one more reply asking question about the liquidity of the project and I will. We are doing fine, all the members, 99% , have backed the project and it will continue. Please , no more replys.

Will I get my money back if the OPD shuts down within the 90 day warranty?

No. But thats not going to happen. What is so hard to understand about " No more reply's"

Our products are offered as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you proceed here and actually make a purchase. If you proceed here you accept our purchase terms and RedFox does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products.

@ John Hammond.

I started using the internet in early 1996, by 1997 I bought my first lifetime license from Real Networks for a version of their Real player. I had the player and used if for about a year and a half before I downloaded a new version and entered my serial number to make it fully functional. When the player rejected my serial number. I contacted support, they told me this was their latest version and it was better than what I had, but I would have to pay another 19.95 for the new player. I said no thanks, I then tried to revert back to my old model and could not do it. Real networks was the first software company I personally blacklisted, no more money from me.

The second lifetime license I bought about 1998, was for a security program. To be honest it was the best security program I have ever had. But they to changed the rules and changed my lifetime to a two year subscription model. If I were to recount their explanation for the change you probably would die laughing. So I said goodbye to them.

Now if you were to take a look at Roxio. They spun off from a company called Adaptec. Now Adaptec produced some of the best cd burning software out there at the time. However when Roxio became a separate entity they began to play their little games. First they started introducing new versions almost every six months. And how did they get you to buy new versions or upgrades, they built in a list of burners the software would work with, if your burner was not on the list the software would not work. As you can imagine this was unsustainable with more and more companies making generic computer parts. So they switched to the only reliable way to guarantee that they would get almost 100% reups every few years. They made the software only work within the parameters of a version of a particular OS. So after buying 3 full versions of Roxio, when they made version 7, completely uninstallable on Vista. I said goodbye to Roxio forever also. And I really do miss Roxio 7 I used every last component of the software suite.

Long story short, Roxio, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Pinnacle, Nero —all software companies that are for profit have to make their software obsolete in some way to stay in business. It is just simple economics, software is not like durable goods which breakdown with use. So you either have to make the program do something totally new and great every now and then to get a lot of rebuyers or you have to make the software become completely non functional in some manner. Microsoft was a major enabler of the latter.

John Hammond, I for one understand the point you are making. In the current economic climate, Redfox probably can only sustain itself for about 3 years with 5 being the absolute maximum. Before another full license reset. It is just the reality of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back