• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How long will "Lifetime" last?

They are struggling now when others can get new titles at 1080p what makes you think this software will be working next year let alone lifetime?
At the most we will be able to download SD rips for maybe for 1 or 2 years before they get tired of all the complains and call it quits.

Good, maybe it will put an end to those scammers and pirates that call themselves the "Scene".
They are struggling now when others can get new titles at 1080p what makes you think this software will be working next year let alone lifetime?
At the most we will be able to download SD rips for maybe for 1 or 2 years before they get tired of all the complains and call it quits.
Lifetime is only as long as the software is in play, that doesn't mean the user's lifetime.

"no worry about watermarking", you might wanna reconsider that. The technology is already actively used, and is hidden inside the metadata of the streams. How do you think they capture all those boxing fight pirates? You don't have to worry about it IF you keep what you download to yourself, and dont go streaming it out in public or upload to torrent sites and the likes

does this watermark persist after a recode?

Yes, 'cause you can't change the hidden metadata

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
so the only real way to break the watermark is to screen record with analog audio capture, essentially creating a new file...or does it also have audio/video cues like the old burn marks or clicks/beeps in the audio?

edit: im simply curious, i have no intentions of distributing ....but lets say my NAS falls into the wrong hands and i lose all control over what is done with them

so the only real way to break the watermark is to screen record with analog audio capture, essentially creating a new file...or does it also have audio/video cues like the old burn marks or clicks/beeps in the audio?

edit: im simply curious, i have no intentions of distributing ....but lets say my NAS falls into the wrong hands and i lose all control over what is done with them
I’d suggest, although I don’t know for sure, that the watermarks, depending on exactly how they are implemented, may well survive any form of transcoding, and even through analogue conversion.

Do not accuse me of being unaware of something without cold hard facts or knowing me personally. You dont.

You on the other hand don't seem to understand how a patent works. Just because someone patents something, doesn't mean it actually gets developed. There's a difference.

Now me personally i have no doubt this exists or is in the process of being created, I'm not going to risk anything and get potentially prosecuted and locked up over something I downloaded with Anystream or duplicated with anydvd + CloneDVD2/CloneBD.

What happens between the walls of my home, STAYS within the walls of my home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No idea about other providers, I was talking about AP only. At least, the material which I have got using AS is clean in terms of garbage or traces within the downloaded mp4 files.
Ch3vr0n is right... I can confirm that post as well. Your account data from whatever streaming service you use (amazon in this case) has an invisible digital watermark embedded in the file that is transferred from their servers to your downloaded file if it's a direct web-dl instead of web-rip. One of the developers at the other competitor of anystream confirmed this with me directly. She said indeed, the watermark is transferred with the file since it's not a screen capture.

and don't bring your antivaxxer crap on these boards.

This is another example of lack of civility.

The better approach would have been: Please don't post or comment about anything to do with vaccines on this board. We don't want to start another argument.

Your comment was the same as his only with the opposite tilt.

like mRNA vaccines do alter your genetic code :rolleyes:

I do agree that we don't need to bring politics or beliefs here. This is the tech support for AS zone.

For those whom are interested, the Amazon patent is here (it does make for extremely difficult reading):
https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph...f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN/10834158

It specifies presenting the identifying data within a customised manifest file so, if I am interpreting it correctly, it is within the metadata as Ch3vr0n described.

Essentially, Amazon can use the customised manifest to present different video stream fragments in such a way that a user can be identified. For example, they could sneak in any number of modified video frames at their will, and this can be done differently for every single user who streams the content, creating a unique identifier. It could be slightly different colouring of the frame, a few modified pixels, or whatever. The patent implies that this unique watermarking would still be visible on cam copies.

Lifetime is only as long as the software is in play, that doesn't mean the user's lifetime.

Can't you at least guarantee three years, and if it stops working before that we get a free license for another Redfox software (like AnyDVD HD Lifetime for Anystream Lifetime)?

After Slysoft's AnyDVD HD stopped working, I stopped copying Blu-rays and instead began to watch streamed movies and shows on sites which could or could not be pirate sites. Who knows...I don't. Maybe they have licensed their content from the rightsholders. And it's free of ads if you use Ublock Origin and Umatrix.

But reading about this AnyStream software made me a bit curious, and now I'm contemplating if I should sign up to Netflix and Amazon and download movies I know I'll want to watch again while not having to worry about them pulling it from the streaming service. Pirate sites never pull content. They just add. Them guys...how can you not but like them?

Too bad you don't seem to know how to fix AnyStream. Has AS stopped working only with Amazon or are there problems with Netflix too?

Can't you at least guarantee three years, and if it stops working before that we get a free license for another Redfox software (like AnyDVD HD Lifetime for Anystream Lifetime)?

After Slysoft's AnyDVD HD stopped working, I stopped copying Blu-rays and instead began to watch streamed movies and shows on sites which could or could not be pirate sites. Who knows...I don't. Maybe they have licensed their content from the rightsholders. And it's free of ads if you use Ublock Origin and Umatrix.

But reading about this AnyStream software made me a bit curious, and now I'm contemplating if I should sign up to Netflix and Amazon and download movies I know I'll want to watch again while not having to worry about them pulling it from the streaming service. Pirate sites never pull content. They just add. Them guys...how can you not but like them?

Too bad you don't seem to know how to fix AnyStream. Has AS stopped working only with Amazon or are there problems with Netflix too?
No, I cant guarantee anything, as this is not my program to develop, and I doubt anyone will ever guarantee you even 30 days. There are no guarantees with this type of software. Try the trial, if you like it, buy it. Its a cat and mouse game between AS and the providers. There is always a risk. No trade-in for other software either I am sorry to inform you.

I'm tempted to buy AnyStream Plus lifetime subscription, but wonder how long it'll last. I was burned a few years back when the owners changed the company name and my AnyDVD HD lifetime subscription abruptly ended.

I have been using several Red Fox products and lifetime means for the life of the product as they sell it. I have been using their AnyDVD since they become Red Fox. I expect the same from AnyStream. I didn't hesitate. Oh, I am used to big guys and little guys saying life time and being 3 to 4 years. On the other hand that is generally far less costly than annual after the second year.

PSA: take anything the mods say here with a mountain of salt. some of the most technologically ill-informed people on the net masquerading as know-it-alls.

that anyone would call scene groups scammers let alone complain about the piracy that has provided the only lasting copies of countless television programs is the largest red flag I've seen on the subject. forget for a moment that AS would not exist had scene and p2p groups not popularized the product from which AS was born (and probably reverse engineered or purchased given the devs apparent inability to keep the product functional unlike said release groups).

second somehow chevron is aware of the ppv pirating issues but unware that the only ones to have ever been targeted are those providing live streams of the events. not copies with supposedly incriminating metadata. there is no indication that a functional watermark of captured streams of any sort exists.
Bravo (y)

Well first of all I'd like to apologize for my "bad vaccine joke", I really did not want to touch this issue here. It was just meant as an absurd answer to the absurd post I was replying to.

Now, very briefly about the technology of downloading streams from AP (I have been asked by staff NOT to discuss DRM related questions in public): Of course, AP is tracking each part of our activity - with cookies, logs of requested web pages and even the progress of every single movie watched.

But: The streaming files which are used for watching/downloading are identical for all users. The data for one movie/episode are contained in a so called manifest file. This manifest file contains links to mp4 files where the video and audio tracks of different quality are stored. These files are identical between all users. Also the keys for decryption of these files are unique, one manifest = one set of keys.

You can make a simple test: two different AS users download one and the same movie and compare their downloads later bit-per-bit. You would be surprised (or not) but the downloaded files will be bit equal.

Talking about the technology mentioned above for creating individual content, which has been filed for patent by AP - this is just in planning phase. The implementation of individual/personalized downloads will demand substantial changes to the current DRM technology.

Last edited:
Bravo (y)

Well first of all I'd like to apologize for my "bad vaccine joke", I really did not want to touch this issue here. It was just meant as an absurd answer to the absurd post I was replying to.

Now, very briefly about the technology of downloading streams from AP (I have been asked by staff NOT to discuss DRM related questions in public): Of course, AP is tracking each part of our activity - with cookies, logs of requested web pages and even the progress of every single movie watched.

But: The streaming files which are used for watching/downloading are identical for all users. The data for one movie/episode are contained in a so called manifest file. This manifest file contains links to mp4 files where the video and audio tracks of different quality are stored. These files are identical between all users. Also the keys for decryption of these files are unique, one manifest = one set of keys.

You can make a simple test: two different AS users download one and the same movie and compare their downloads later bit-per-bit. You would be surprised (or not) but the downloaded files will be bit equal.

Talking about the technology mentioned above for creating individual content, which has been filed for patent by AP - this is just in planning phase. The implementation of individual/personalized downloads will demand substantial changes to the current DRM technology.

this was my point he thinks because amazon has been working on patenting something it means it's been put into use. despite how over top each of the different ideas in that patent were no less. and yeah being and avid scene-release follower testing your theory using downloads from numerous different groups or comparing yours with one of theirs is when I bit the bullet on AS - when they were finally on par with scene releases which were compared using readily available nfo files.

this place would seem so much more professional if the mods were here to simply mod rather than (poorly) socialize.

Back