• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How long should the process take?

Interactive

I've been using CloneDVD and AnyDVD for quite some time... Now I need to encode DVD's for use on my iPod. I'm using the most recent download of CloneDVD mobile trying to rip (?) to a folder on my HDD. I ran this once last night and walked away, I came back this morning (6 hours later) and had only reached 1%! It said I had 12,xxx minutes to go! That would be over ONE WEEK!

So I cancelled the process and kicked it off again this morning. Now I've run it for 1 hour and still haven't reached 1%. Everything seems to be running and the UI is showing progress...but something still isn't right. THis shouldn't take THAT long, should it?

The movie is the first of five discs of a WWII History program. Probably doesn't even have major heavy-duty copy protection ....

Yeah...that's what I figured.

So where do I begin the troubleshooting process?

I've got a Dell Optimplex with a 2 Ghz intel processor. 512 MB ram. Memorex 16x DVD burner. Win XP Home SP2.

I've rebooted since I originally posted and the performance improved, yet it still took FAR longer than expected.. around 10 hours for a full length DVD.

As an experiment, I tried converting a set of DVD files from my hard drive (that had been copied from DVD original using CloneDVD). I saw similar response to this process as well. After several minutes of processing, it still had NOT even reached 1% completion yet. This indicates to me that it's not related to the DVD drive itself, but either the HDD or the PC and/or application configuration.

Where do I go from here?

Back