• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How I decided to live without AnyDVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

I've spent three days trying to purchase this software.

I've decided it's impossible.

The Visa processor auto declines without even giving an error - my bank doesn't even see the transfer. Cryptocurrency seems to be out of the question (which reminds me, every guide on how to do it here is outdated) due to more and more US banks declining to work with it. And finally, no Paypal support. There's literally no way for me to get my money to RedFox.

Amazingly, after three days of frustration, I've decided I no longer need the software that bad.

I hear DVDFab does the same thing, and astoundingly, I won't have problems giving them the money that was supposed to go to RedFox.

Sorry guys, but you've just got to make it easier to pay for the software.

Cryptocoins really arent that hard to deal with. Paypal never has done business for anydvd, not in the slysoft days and not in the redfox days. Neither does it for DVDFab. You say it declines with an error, but you don't say WHAT the error is. So how do you expect the redfox staff to look into things? You don't need your banks directly to work with it. Coinbase, buy some there (it also creates the wallet), use those to send the cryptocurrency to the redfox address, done.

Cryptocoins really arent that hard to deal with. Paypal never has done business for anydvd, not in the slysoft days and not in the redfox days. Neither does it for DVDFab. You say it declines with an error, but you don't say WHAT the error is. So how do you expect the redfox staff to look into things? You don't need your banks directly to work with it. Coinbase, buy some there (it also creates the wallet), use those to send the cryptocurrency to the redfox address, done.

Error 995. I get an email saying that the bank has declined the transfer: "Your card issuing bank has refused our charge. Please, call them and tell them to accept charges from '******.net' in United Kingdom." They're not seeing any charge at all.

Coinbase declined the transfer. My bank will not work with them. I had the same problem with three other processors. Cryptocurrency is being flagged as fraud.

EDIT: I might add, too, that it's not necessarily encouraging that these processors all require a debit card or direct access to your bank account. That's.. unsettling, to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are very sorry to hear this, but not quite sure if promoting a competitor's product is the best way to go about your purchase issue?

In our experience, if your card issuer does not even see the attempt to charge your card, there is a hiccup in the redirect to the "3D Secure" server, Visa Secure, (formerly Verified by Visa), in your case. There are many reasons why this might happen, the most likely causes are that either the card itself does not even participate in this special security scheme, or that "something" (a browser plug-in, a firewall...) blocks the redirect.

In our experience, if your card issuer does not even see the attempt to charge your card, there is a hiccup in the redirect to the "3D Secure" server, Visa Secure, (formerly Verified by Visa), in your case. There are many reasons why this might happen, the most likely causes are that either the card itself does not even participate in this special security scheme, or that "something" (a browser plug-in, a firewall...) blocks the redirect.

I've tried it with Firefox. Chrome. Internet Explorer. Edge. On my phone. On a computer. In Incognito mode. As a fresh install. With every single addon that I could find disabled. At this point, my bank should be freaking out because there's too many weird charges on my card, but they haven't seen a one. I've even spent 30 minutes on the phone with my bank verifying that they participate in Visa Secure, and they've assured me they do. We even went through a quick procedure to make sure.

As a last resort, I even called the 800 number the Visa Secure page gave me during one of the attempts. I reached a nice Indian lady who claimed she worked for my bank, and asked for all of my personal information. That call ended quickly, because there's no way she works for my bank.

We are very sorry to hear this, but not quite sure if promoting a competitor's product is the best way to go about your purchase issue?

That's the beauty of the free market; if you can't make it happen, there's usually an alternative. I was able to purchase your competitor's product in less than 5 minutes, where I've been spending now 4 days on this. Sorry if that annoys you, but that's the facts of the matter. I feel like I've been more than patient with this, and it shouldn't be this hard to pay for an email with a line of code in it.

Well MAYBE @Ivan or @Jill will be willing to let you go the wikipedia route. They don't do it often because then they don't get the funds. The problem here is not so much redfox. Due to the nature of redfox they have to use B or C grade payment providers. A listers refuse to do business with redfox. The most likely reason why DVDCrap doesn't have the problem is it's a chinese company and uses in most cases chinese based PSP's. That's all there is to it.

This sounds like when I go to buy anything with DVDFab. They refuse the charge on any credit card I use. So their workaround for it is that you use PayPal and send them the transaction ID on the website after finishing the transaction.

They give all the information on their website. From there, you get the transaction ID, paste it, and then they give you the license. Seems like this would be something AnyDVD could do here too for countries that don't allow international charges like this (which seems to be common as of late).

And this can be a good thing.... I remember after using my Capital One card years ago to buy a new license for DVDFab that all of a sudden, I'd start receiving charges from random places in China.... so I'd have to lock the card down immediately after getting the license to avoid that.

Anyway..... if you guys can do this PayPal thing like DVDFab.cn does, then you'd solve a bit of problems here too.

This sounds like when I go to buy anything with DVDFab. They refuse the charge on any credit card I use. So their workaround for it is that you use PayPal and send them the transaction ID on the website after finishing the transaction.

They give all the information on their website. From there, you get the transaction ID, paste it, and then they give you the license. Seems like this would be something AnyDVD could do here too for countries that don't allow international charges like this (which seems to be common as of late).

And this can be a good thing.... I remember after using my Capital One card years ago to buy a new license for DVDFab that all of a sudden, I'd start receiving charges from random places in China.... so I'd have to lock the card down immediately after getting the license to avoid that.

Anyway..... if you guys can do this PayPal thing like DVDFab.cn does, then you'd solve a bit of problems here too.
And how would Redfox get the funds? PayPal has refused to do business with Slysoft and Redfox.

PROTIP: Buy a lifetime subscription of AnyDVD HD and AnyStream Plus the moment you have the opportunity to do so.

You see, the content cartels operate on the principle of "if you can't outlaw backup utilities that defeat DRM from every jurisdiction on Earth, then make it impossible to buy such utilities in most jurisdictions".

By buying once instead of buying limited-time subscriptions, you shield yourself against the possibility that the payment method you used will get cut off in the future.

Anyway, to answer your question, I was successful in sending money from my bank account to my Coinbase account, then buying Bitcoin using Coinbase, and from there following the instructions in the Redfox checkout process to buy with Bitcoin.

Last edited:
Coinbase declined the transfer. My bank will not work with them.
Out of curiosity, who declined? The bank to send or Coinbase to receive? In my case, I had issues sending money from my credit card (because the bank flagged it as "fraud" and then Coinbase wouldn't take the same card a second time after the first attempt had failed), so I went the bank transfer route instead and it went through.

This info might be outdated, you replied to a 5 year old thread...
:rockingchair:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back