• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How I burn audio books

S

steven65

You can burn a data CD or DVD with any audio books or spoken word content in your iTunes library. You might want to do this to make a backup copy (or archive) of all your audio files, or to transfer them to another computer.

To burn a DVD, your computer should have an internal SuperDrive and Mac OS 10.2.4 or later. Some third-party DVD burners may also work. You can store about 650 MB of files on a CD, and about 4.7 GB on a DVD.
To burn a data CD or DVD

1. Open iTunes.
2. From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences (Windows: From the Edit menu, choose Preferences).
3. Click the Burning button.
4. Choose Data CD or DVD as the Disc Format.
5. Click OK.
6. Create a playlist that includes all the items in your library (see steps above), or all the items you want to back up to the CD or DVD.
7. Select the playlist you want to burn to the CD or DVD, then click the Burn Disc button.
8. Insert a blank CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, or DVD-RW disc, and click Burn Disc again.

Any audio files in the playlist (MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Audible) are copied to the CD or DVD.

Audio Book creation

Admittedly, I don't have the greatest knowledge in this area but I do* listen to LOTS of books in audio format via CD in car and also Ipod.

Being a MAC user for the most part (at home anyhows) -

To get the most out of iTunes - it makes sense to have the format of audio book files set up so that the end result shows up under the audio book section and not under music. As well, proper audio book files can be "bookmarked" so you can come back to where you left off.

If you rip purchased audio book cds or download non DRM (protected) audio books, you can use the following tool to really do an A+ class job on creating your audio books for iTunes....

Splasm Software: Audiobook Builder

http://www.splasm.com/audiobookbuilder/support.html

I have had great luck with this software and to date have approx 30+ books in my iTunes Library and ready to go on iPod or rip back to CD.

BTW - if you get CD's when you convert to AAC or other, you can reduce the bitrate far more than music. Instead of say 128 or in my case 256 bitrate for music, you can go 96 or 64 or 32 as "voice" quality doesn't require higher bitrates.

- Cheers
Phrehdd

Back