• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do you use Virtual Clone Drive ?

ron.b

Can anyone give me simple instructions on how to setup and use Virtual Clone Drive?
I would be very obliged for any help.

Many thanks
ron.b.

Create an image with clonecd for example of the cd/dvd you want (first very left button).
Then start virtual clone drive. The best is to chheck the "Virtual sheep"- box. Then go on working place. There should be a device with a sheep icon. Right click and chose the image from where you saved the made image.

Did you find the answer to your question on simple instructions on how to use Virtual Sheep - if so would you post them or send them to me also - Thanks!

What "Virtual Sheep" box is sheep talking about? I've been using Virtual CloneDrive for a long time and I don't recall what he is referring to.

I just install Virtual CloneDrive and then either mount/unmount an image by right-clicking on the drive icon in My Computer/Windows Explorer and then choosing what I want to do (Mount an image or Unmount an image) OR right-click on an image file and choose the option to mount the image using Virtual CloneDrive. I don't recall if Virtual CloneDrive automatically re-mounts an image that was mounted when a Shutdown or Restart takes place... I don't think it does.

Go to "programs" then "eloborate bytes" and then start the program "VirtualCloneDrive". Then you will see the checkbox.
With this the virtual drive gets a sheep icon. So you can see in the working place what the virtual drive is. But it also works without checking the box. It is only for seeing what the virtual drive is. If you know already what the virtual drive is (e.g. drive J) you don't have to check the box.

Why would you use a Virtual Clone drive?

I apologize for any and all stupid questions in advance...I'm soooo green.:agree:
Why would you use this and what are the benefits of using the Virtual Clonedrive?
Thanks,
trace65

A few things - you might want to copy a CD to a .iso file so you can run a program that references the CD without needing the physical CD in place, e.g. because you might want to run it on a laptop without a CD drive, or to keep the CD safe from kid's sticky (literally!) hands.

Another reason is that software distributions, etc, may come in the form of an .iso (e.g. the Archos X04 GPL Source), so a virtual drive means that the .iso can be explored without needing to write it to a physical CD.

My work releases various product versions as iso's, primarily for burning to CD for customers, but a virtual drive means that I can easily switch between different versions, when supporting different customers, without needing to have physical disks to hand - I can also work on more than one at a time, if I configure multiple drives.

Would this be useful when compiling selected episodes from different dvds? Sorry...Just trying to wrap my head around this.

i seriously dont understand how to use virtual clone drive

guys would seriously tell me how to mount a game on virtual clone drive..its making me nuts...i loaded a torrent and to play it..i need to burn or mount the game 1st and install it later..the thing is..i aint wanna waste a cd/dvd to burn it...so~i specially downloaded virtual clone drive juz 4 the reason to play my game...but i seriously dont know how to use it..so..seriously..give me the steps...1 by 1...please~!! THNX~!!

Clonedrive help

Well, first, you gotta open the program, check the box (virtual sheep) and (automount last image). Select from the drop downmenu how many virtual drives u want. Then you get a program which extracts cd's to iso. Then mount the iso by right clicking the virtual clonedrive in My Computer and click on (virtual clonedrive). Then select "Mount". Then select the .iso file to mount. When you are done, you have the capability to launch a program cd with the physical cd! Cool, huh?:D

Well, first, you gotta open the program, check the box (virtual sheep) and (automount last image). Select from the drop downmenu how many virtual drives u want. Then you get a program which extracts cd's to iso. Then mount the iso by right clicking the virtual clonedrive in My Computer and click on (virtual clonedrive). Then select "Mount". Then select the .iso file to mount. When you are done, you have the capability to launch a program cd with the physical cd! Cool, huh?:D

Creating an image for the clone drive to link to, is going to take up the exact space on a HD that is contained in the cd/dvd you are making the image from. Example: I have C&C3 PC/DVD that is 5.14GB. In order to play the game without the DVD using "Virtual Clone Drive". I need to create the DVD's image of 5.14GB on my HD. Correct?

Back