• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do you know...

Cabong

How do you know... which is the correct playlist on a BD and why is the information containing the correct playlist not being copied over?

I'm sure the info is here somewhere on the site but each time I do a search I get like zillions hits.

Thanks!

Den

Playlist info is mentioned in the AnyDVD status window and inside the disc.inf file in the root of a ripped disc but ONLY for discs that use some form of screenpass protection. Discs that only use like 2 playlists for 2 different languages don't qualify for playlist info as it's not screenpass. Simple tools like BDEdit in that case can reveal playlist info

Simple tools like BDEdit in that case can reveal playlist info
Oh, come on... Disney with seamless branching? Discs with extended versions, director's video comments, ...?

USE CLONEBD! Fast, simple, and free for this (and many other) use(s).

hi guys, thanks for your answers.

I guess my question was: Since we make identical copy, the disc.inf file doesn't get copied as well? I don't understand why that information gets lost on the copy. The BD player is programmed to read this file only if it's on a specific media?

Ok, so why do people ask for the correct pl number then? It shouldn't be an issue.

Ok, so why do people ask for the correct pl number then? It shouldn't be an issue.
If you have a disc that says "Java-protection good playlist(s)xxx" in your status window for AnyDvDHD.
[Which is one of the main reasons I have the option to show status window (disc information) upon insertion of new media ticked in the program settings.]
Then just explore the disc playlist folder in Windows. And you will see a ****load of mpls files.
There's something else you can look at to see all the bogus playlists too. But I don't remember.
I know a software player like VLC will show you all the available playlists and if it's not handling the disc correctly it should pick the wrong one.

Last edited:
Question !!!!
I had the old slysoft, and the other 2 from elby!
Which are in a different name will they still work?
Other one is if I take the free trial for 21 days and decide to keep it do I get the 20% discount when the trial runs out ???? I loved the old slysoft
But I'm seeing a few problems with this one

Please do NOT hijack a different user's topic with a completely unrelated question. For license questions, please use the license section. The AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues) section is as the name suggests only for blu-ray DISC related issues only.

Question !!!!
I had the old slysoft, and the other 2 from elby!
Which are in a different name will they still work?
Other one is if I take the free trial for 21 days and decide to keep it do I get the 20% discount when the trial runs out ???? I loved the old slysoft
But I'm seeing a few problems with this one
The discount that is running expires in a few days--Sunday, April 16, 2017 in fact.

If you have any issues, please post them in the appropriate Forum, i.e., regular DVDs in the AnyDVD HD Forum for DVDs only, Blu-ray issues in the AnyDVD HD Forum, CloneBD in the CloneBD Forum, CloneDVD in the CloneDVD Forum, and so on.

Please try out the RedFox.

You won't be disappointed.

:)

Thanks for you replies guys. My question is not understood so perhaps I'm not asking this right. I'm asking how this protection works!

Since we don't have to worry about pls when inserting an original disk in the BD player, why is it an issue with a copy?? Or why with an original the player can tell which is the good pls and can't with a copy?

How what protection works? Screenpass? Without knowing the full technical details i can tell you the following. Blu-rays have lots of playlists. Screenpass uses MULTIPLE (sometimes 100+ FAKE ONES and only 1 correct) playlists. When the protection on the disc is incorrectly removed, screenpass can have a number of effects

1) Menu "works": but main title refuses to play
2) Menu works: main title starts but gets "stuck" after a copyright message
3) Menu doesn't even load, player simply displays black screen
4) Menu works: main title starts just fine, but some time into the movie a copyright message is shown
5) menu works: main title starts, but scene order is scrambled

That's the jist of things.

Why does this not happen on originals and standalone players. Simple, standalone players have a legitimate hardware decryption key which they use to correctly identify with the discs protection and decrypt the content (its a closed circuit). On backups well that's what the protection is for. If anydvd doesn't correctly decrypt the protection on the disc, screenpass kicks in.

Screenpass can even kick on an "original". If a new title is released on to the market with screenpass, AnyDVD naturally hasn't seen it before and will thus incorrectly decrypt it, if you were to then even PLAY the ORIGINAL disc with anydvd active in a player like PowerDVD screenpass will kick in. This because anydvd is active and didn't correctly decrypt. Disable AnyDVD and that original disc will work just fine.

That's why logfiles are needed, so the developers have the proper info about that title version and can give the OPD the info it needs to tell anydvd how to correctly decrypt the title.

Oh, so the correct pls number is part of the protection scheme. That explains it!

Thanks man!

Yup, the whole point of that protection is to hide the one (or couple) correct playlists among a couple hundred fake ones. Glad I could help.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back