• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do you copy/backup a DVD-RAM Disc

EstMike

I am not sure how to make a copy of a DVD-RAM disc I made. I there any way to do so with Clone DVD/anydvd? I have been unable to copy it in the same way I would a movie I get from the store. Can anyone offer any help?

CloneCD may be able to but I don't think CloneDVD2 can.

EstMike said:
.....I am not sure how to make a copy of a DVD-RAM disc I made.....
@ EstMike,

I would image using the same procedure you used to make your “DVD-RAM disc I made” would also be able to “copy/backup” the particular DVD-RAM disc.

Regards,
Coaster

I made the disc on a Digital camcorder. I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate it on the PC. CloneDVD does not support the DVD-RAM format. I was wanting to convert the DVD-RAM format to DVD-R or +R so I can give them to others. DVD-RAM discs are mroe costly then others but do allow more editing capabilities. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Is this something slysoft can include in future revisions?

I made the disc on a Digital camcorder. I was wondering if there was a way to duplicate it on the PC. CloneDVD does not support the DVD-RAM format. I was wanting to convert the DVD-RAM format to DVD-R or +R so I can give them to others. DVD-RAM discs are mroe costly then others but do allow more editing capabilities. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Is this something slysoft can include in future revisions?

You're missing some information we need. For one thing; what is the output format of your digicam. Is it creating true DVD-compliant movies (like pro dvds) or is it making MP4/MPv files, AVI, etc?
Does your computer drive support DVD-RAM?

Yes, my DVD-drives on my computer do support DVD-RAM. I am able to view and edit the DVD. I am not sure what format the CAM is recording in. I can tell you this. As I look at the files that were created, there is a .BUP file a .IFO file and a .VRO file. Does that let a person more knowledgeable than myself know what the output format of my camera is?

I mostly looking to make a copy on wither a DVD-R or DVD+R format. Is this possible.

Thanks for any and all help.

@ EstMike,

If you desire to make a Copy of your “DVD-RAM disc I made” suggest using the CloneCD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html) software program which will process DVD-RAM format.

If you desire to Convert your “DVD-RAM disc I made” to the DVD “Movie” Standard suggest using a specifically designed DVD Authoring software program which is beyond the design scope of the CloneDVD software program.

Regards,
Coaster

I will try using ConeCD to copy my DVD-RAM disc. As far as converting the DVD-RAM disc into a "movie" format as you mentioned, do you have knowledge of any "specifically designed DVD Authoring software program". I really know very little about this sort of thing, not even where to look for such software or determine which will work best or be the best value and offer the most features.

Thanks for any and all help.

Clonedvd does not support dvd-vr format (and that does appear to be the format you're using), which is not compatible with most dvd players anyway.

Clonedvd is also intended for use with commercial dvd-video movies only.

Moving thread to the Clonecd forum . . .

@ EstMike,

From what you have described in posting #6 it appears that your Digital CamCorder is recording in the DVD-VR Format. The familiar popular Commercial DVD Movie is recoded in the DVD-Video Format.
EstMike said:
.....I will try using CloneCD to copy my DVD-RAM disc.....
The CloneCD software program will make a 1:1 Copy of your “DVD-RAM disc I made” but it might be difficult to find a stand-alone desktop playback device that support playback/viewing of DVD-VR Format Video.
EstMike said:
.....As far as converting the DVD-RAM disc into a "movie" format as you mentioned, do you have knowledge of any "specifically designed DVD Authoring software program".....
TMPGEnc DVD Author is an excellent DVD Authoring software program which supports DVD-VR, DVD-Video, and most other popular Video Formats and has a 14-Day trial period ->

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda3_feature.html

Regards,
Coaster

Back