• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

how do I stream my backed up movies to my TV

swordfish0076

I own a huge collection of Blueray disks and DVDs and I want to back them up to an external HD and then stream them from there to my TV.

I have desktop computers, a Dish Hopper and I have a sony bravia tv if that helps all on my internal network at home.

Is there a guide on how to accomplish this?

I own a huge collection of Blueray disks and DVDs and I want to back them up to an external HD and then stream them from there to my TV.

I have desktop computers, a Dish Hopper and I have a sony bravia tv if that helps all on my internal network at home.

Is there a guide on how to accomplish this?
Not a guide, but is this Sony an Android TV? If yes, I would install Kodi on it. Before doing anything complicated, test how well Kodi performs on your TV.
If you are satisfied, put your movies on a NAS (or server, or desktop computer, ...) and play them over the network. Kodi understands Windows (SMB) shares.
If performance is okay, pick a machine where you can install MySql and teach Kodi to use it as your movie Database. (guides available)
Now you can use multiple Kodis in your home (different TVs, Nvidia Shield, Phones, Tablets, Raspberry Pis, ...) to access your collection.
AnyDVD & CloneBD are perfect to build your collection on the NAS / server.
This is just what I would, others might do things differently.

If you want to playback Blu-rays with the original Blu-ray menus and be able to play all the special features -- in other words, playback BDs *exactly* the way you can with a standard BD player -- then players like Kodi, KDLinks, and such can't really do that. That is one reason I avoid using those. On a desktop PC, only PowerDVD and WinDVD can produce true BD playback. I playback BD ISOs on a PC with PowerDVD and send the output via HDMI to my TV, and that is what I would recommend you do.

Back