• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I get rid of the director commentary audio track?

bliznyansky

When ripping a DVD, Clone DVD defaults to including the director commentary track. When playing some ripped disks (e.g., The Last Black Man in San Francisco), the ripped disk will only play the commentary track. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've never had that problem, though there's an easy fix. Do a full disc clone and keep the proper Ac3/2 AND 5.1 tracks or disable the AC3/2 tracks entirely.

It's the 3/2 tracks that are always the commentary

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply! I can't figure out how to disable the AC3/2 tracks. Could you explain and/or post some screen grabs? Thanks again!

Simple,

1. Click 'clone DVD'
2. Load your source, you're now on the title selection screen. Click next
3. On the right if this screen you'll see the available audio tracks and at the bottom you'll see the channel layout. Untick the one's with 3/2 next to them and keep the ones with 3/5 I think it is

That'll remove the commentary tracks and only keep the actual movie audio

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi--Thanks for your advice! I unticked all files with 3/2 next to them but the burned disk had no movie on it, only the menus. What do I do now?

I didn't say you needed to untick the titles themselves, but perhaps that wasn't entirely clear. I meant at the BOTTOM, deselect the AUDIO tracks that had 3/2 next to them. That will keep the video titles on the disc, but remove the commentary tracks. That's on the screen "Audio and Subtitle Settings". See example image for "Boys Don't Cry"

You usually have 2 or 3 options for audio

AC-3/6 <= surround sound
AC-3/2 <= stereo sound <== NOT ALWAYS Director's Comments
AC-3/2 Directors comments
stereo sound.jpg

Back