• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

how do I get one VOB file for the entire movie?

anderdea

I have been able to rip just the movie from a DVD to my HDD. When I look at the video folder, it is made up of multiple VOB files. I want to use an MP4 converter program so I can load the movie onto my Sony PSP. Is there a way the CloneDVD can convert all the movie files to just one VOB file. Otherwise my converter program sees each indivitual file, converts them individually and I end up with multiple files on my PSP for one movie. Have tried it with "Are we there yet" and the Eagles farewell tour DVD.
Thanks, Don

Is there a way the CloneDVD can convert all the movie files to just one VOB file.

No. Try clonedvd mobile instead.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Last edited:
I have been able to rip just the movie from a DVD to my HDD. When I look at the video folder, it is made up of multiple VOB files. I want to use an MP4 converter program so I can load the movie onto my Sony PSP. Is there a way the CloneDVD can convert all the movie files to just one VOB file. Otherwise my converter program sees each indivitual file, converts them individually and I end up with multiple files on my PSP for one movie. Have tried it with "Are we there yet" and the Eagles farewell tour DVD.
Thanks, Don

Use VOB File (passthrough) in CloneDVD mobile when encoding the movie from the original DVD format. Also make sure to not have a check in the box about breaking the output files into individual chapters. You'll end up with 1 single VOB.

Three quick questions, Thanks in advance.
1. Can I copy a protected DVD directly with "CloneDVDMobile" or do I have to rip it to the Hard drive with AnyDVD first?

2. Also, I am using PSP firmware 3.4 as I have read that it allows for higher resolution. Can't recall exact numbers but I think it 480 X272. Does "CloneDVDMobile" allow this setup yet.

3. Finally, I'm assuming that the output file is compatable with PSP vsn 3.4 and will provide one MP4 movie file in the fomat MPVXXXXX.MP4 and a .THM thumbnail also. I have gone through hell trying to get all this to work (and have the PSP recognise the video file) using individual software programs.

Last edited:
1. Can I copy a protected DVD directly with "CloneDVDMobile" or do I have to rip it to the Hard drive with AnyDVD first?

You should just require Anydvd to be running in the background.

I don't know the answers to your other two questions. However, Clonedvd mobile is a free trial for 21 days. Why not try it?

You'll need to decrypt the DVD using AnyDVD. You can rip and convert from the DVD drive if you like. I tend to prefer ripping to my HDD before converting.

2. Also, I am using PSP firmware 3.4 as I have read that it allows for higher resolution. Can't recall exact numbers but I think it 480 X272. Does "CloneDVDMobile" allow this setup yet.

I don't have a MPEG4 profile for firmware 3.4 specifically in my list. I do have a profile for MPEG4 >= firmware 2.6 though. The resolution is 368 x 208. It's possible someone has written a profile firmware 3.4 that you can add to you INI file yourself, though.

3. Finally, I'm assuming that the output file is compatable with PSP vsn 3.4 and will provide one MP4 movie file in the fomat MPVXXXXX.MP4 and a .THM thumbnail also. I have gone through hell trying to get all this to work (and have the PSP recognise the video file) using individual software programs.

Yes, the output would be in the format you mentioned but I have no idea about the thumbnail. I don't own a PSP.

I have psp, this is great converter (clonedvd moblie) and with anydvd.
it never let psp down :)

Back