how do I get one VOB file for the entire movie?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by anderdea, May 9, 2007.

1. anderdea

anderdea Active Member

I have been able to rip just the movie from a DVD to my HDD. When I look at the video folder, it is made up of multiple VOB files. I want to use an MP4 converter program so I can load the movie onto my Sony PSP. Is there a way the CloneDVD can convert all the movie files to just one VOB file. Otherwise my converter program sees each indivitual file, converts them individually and I end up with multiple files on my PSP for one movie. Have tried it with "Are we there yet" and the Eagles farewell tour DVD.
    Thanks, Don

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. Try clonedvd mobile instead.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

Use VOB File (passthrough) in CloneDVD mobile when encoding the movie from the original DVD format. Also make sure to not have a check in the box about breaking the output files into individual chapters. You'll end up with 1 single VOB.

4. anderdea

anderdea Active Member

Three quick questions, Thanks in advance.
    1. Can I copy a protected DVD directly with "CloneDVDMobile" or do I have to rip it to the Hard drive with AnyDVD first?

2. Also, I am using PSP firmware 3.4 as I have read that it allows for higher resolution. Can't recall exact numbers but I think it 480 X272. Does "CloneDVDMobile" allow this setup yet.

3. Finally, I'm assuming that the output file is compatable with PSP vsn 3.4 and will provide one MP4 movie file in the fomat MPVXXXXX.MP4 and a .THM thumbnail also. I have gone through hell trying to get all this to work (and have the PSP recognise the video file) using individual software programs.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You should just require Anydvd to be running in the background.

I don't know the answers to your other two questions. However, Clonedvd mobile is a free trial for 21 days. Why not try it?

6. anderdea

anderdea Active Member

Thanks, I'll download it tonight and try it.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

You'll need to decrypt the DVD using AnyDVD. You can rip and convert from the DVD drive if you like. I tend to prefer ripping to my HDD before converting.

I don't have a MPEG4 profile for firmware 3.4 specifically in my list. I do have a profile for MPEG4 >= firmware 2.6 though. The resolution is 368 x 208. It's possible someone has written a profile firmware 3.4 that you can add to you INI file yourself, though.

Yes, the output would be in the format you mentioned but I have no idea about the thumbnail. I don't own a PSP.

8. leigh

leigh Member

I have psp, this is great converter (clonedvd moblie) and with anydvd.
    it never let psp down :)