How do i convert .dvd to .iso

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by Mr_RIP, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Mr_RIP

Mr_RIP Member

I messed up and created the .dvd instead of an .ISO. Is ther a way in Vista 64 to load the .dvd image to create an ISO?

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Not sure you can after it is on the hdd? You can rerip it and change the .dvd to .iso and it'll be one file.

3. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

Mount the .dvd file with VirtualCloneDrive (see forum for latest beta 5.3.0.0 which is also HD-BD capable) then use CloneCD to "read" the virtual drive - change file extension in "Read Image File" output to .iso et voila! I tried it and it works (saves you having to dig out the original disk).

4. Mr_RIP

Mr_RIP Member

Well I tried the virtual clone drive via a XP virtual machine and I got some issue that would freeze up the machine after I tired to access the mounted image. I can't do it on my main because it is 64 bit. So I need to copy my files to another machine that is 32bit and try.

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Why not just redo the image from the original on the 64 bit?

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

It's faster to do what profcolli wrote, since the source that's being read again is on the hard drive.

7. Webslinger

Err . . . wait a minute. You can't do what profcolli wrote, because VCD isn't available yet for Vista 64 bit. So, do what Charlie wrote.

8. profcolli

But it should have worked on his XP VM.... so I guess that is an issue with his system ;)

9. Webslinger

Well, I would suggest the VM isn't officially supported . . .

10. profcolli

11. steve61617

steve61617 Well-Known Member

I’m knot sure but doesn’t ImgBurn work on vista? You could use that I believe. Webslinger could probable tell you better. ImgBurn is also a free download.

12. Webslinger

Yes. But so does Clonecd.