• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How do I choose the correct bitrate in CloneBD?

Roger Jacobsen

Hi! I just bought CloneBD and I'm wondering on how to choose the correct bitrate when transcoding a Blu-Ray. My priority is to NOT lose any quality going from the BD to the mkv. I tried making a copy using the lossless option and see that I'm not saving a lot of space using this option(approx. 4Gb on the entire disc). Now, I've read that the H.265/HEVC is a more effecient codec and that it makes the files smaller. I tried using this codec on max quality(slider to the right) and surprisingly I get a bigger file than the lossless one... Why does this happen? I just want to make a copy that is perfect compared to the original and still take less space. Any toughts on this?

Roger J.

ZERO quality loss, simple. Use the "lossless" setting. All done :) And off course you're not saving space. Lossless means INTACT everything. Audio & video. The only way to save space is to eg: strip audio tracks, resize resolution, recoding,...

Perfect is relative. My backups are PERFECT too, for my taste. 100% visual quality half the size (BD50 > BD25), due to removing ALL unwanted audio (all tracks except english/dutch), by the time all the "useless" audio tracks are removed, CloneBD barely has to recode the video itself, and even then it's pretty perfect due to the power of x264

Back