• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I make a CD-R look like an original "store bought" CD?

CountryBumkin

My car has a built in audio hard drive, where you can copy your music CDs to the car's internal hard drive.

I want to copy some music I bought off Amazon. I bought and downloaded (in mp3 format) the entire album and ripped it to a CD-R, but the car won't accept the disk. I'm told on the car.forum that the CD has to be original or the car won't copy it.

How does the car know if I made the Cd or if it was bought? Is there a way to make the CD appear to the car that it is a store bought CD?

Most current radio's should accept burned discs just fine, it's more likely down to the what brand of blanks you're using. What's your brand and what are you currently using / how are you burning?

I'll check the CD-R brand when I get home. But please note that the car will play the CD it just won't copy it to its HD. I stopped trying (I only ripped one disk) because I thought the problem might be that my audio format is mp3 and maybe it need to be CDA or something else (I not the familiar with this stuff), so I asked on the car forum. And now here.
Thanks

UPDATE: I was able to successfully create a CD and have the car record/import it to the car's internal HD.
I did not make the first disk correctly. For the second disk I used the JRiver Media Center program. I used Memorex CD-RW disks and "burned" the music to the CD.
Took the disk to the car and it worked perfectly.

UPDATE: I was able to successfully create a CD and have the car record/import it to the car's internal HD.
I did not make the first disk correctly. For the second disk I used the JRiver Media Center program. I used Memorex CD-RW disks and "burned" the music to the CD.
Took the disk to the car and it worked perfectly.

Yes. The problem was the format. A bunch of MP3's burned to a CD as MP3's is not a CD per se.
This time you made a CD.
And yes, all of us (except Eddie - again) understood this part just fine.
-W

Last edited:
Back