• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How can I enable taking screen shots

Roxy

After creating an ISO rip from Harry Potter IV I still couldn't take a screen shot from the movie. It just copied a black rectangle into the Windows 7 clipboard.

Which option do I need to check in AnyDVD to clear the "don't take screenshots" flag?

Your answer is appreciated.

none, that's not an anydvd issue. It's a player issue. The BD standard does not allow the taking of screencaps on "copyright basis". Any licensed software player will deny screencaps, or just capture a blank screen. Atleast i think they all will deny it, unlicensed players such as XMBC afaik do not "suffer" from that issue.

none, that's not an anydvd issue. It's a player issue. The BD standard does not allow the taking of screencaps on "copyright basis". Any licensed software player will deny screencaps, or just capture a blank screen. Atleast i think they all will deny it, unlicensed players such as XMBC afaik do not "suffer" from that issue.

Licensed players won't allow it from protected discs. With AnyDVD running, it should work, and afaik it does. (unless the player has a bug)

Licensed players won't allow it from protected discs. With AnyDVD running, it should work, and afaik it does. (unless the player has a bug)

Not to my knowlege, no.
I tried to make screenshots some time ago and not one of the licensed players would allow screenshots, protected or not.
That's one or two years ago, I doubt anything changed, though.

I haven't done screen shots for a while, but if I remember correctly I went into the m2t files, right clicked to open with Power DVD and then it worked.
It was hit or miss some times depending on how the disc was authored though.
I'll check later...

After creating an ISO rip from Harry Potter IV I still couldn't take a screen shot from the movie. It just copied a black rectangle into the Windows 7 clipboard.

Which option do I need to check in AnyDVD to clear the "don't take screenshots" flag?

Your answer is appreciated.

I don't always take screen shots but when I do I use "Gadwin Printscreen." A small little program for 32bit or 64 bit systems with option for the free or the professional versions. http://www.gadwin.com/download/ . I know this should go in the third party software but since it hasn't been moved yet I thought you would like the info on this program. I can take screen shots using WMP, both DVD or MKV.I then custom edit in Photoshop. I do not have Arcsoft TMT, or Power DVD installed yet on my computer so I can't say if it will work with those players. Hope this helps!!!

Screen Shot 02-27-14 at 10.25 PM.jpg

Just a quick follow up to my last post - I reloaded Power DVD 13, and took screen shots with "Gadwin Print Screen" with AnydvdHD enabled and disabled. It works both ways!!!

I took screen shots before, too. I'm quite sure there is some copyright flag recorded to disk allowing to enable/disable certain features - without me knowing the actual standard definition, though.

I couldn't even take a screen shot from the Harry Potter disk using any external screen capturing software. So apparently, screen output is constrained to be output to the video card directly if that copyright bit is set on disk.

Not to my knowlege, no.
I tried to make screenshots some time ago and not one of the licensed players would allow screenshots, protected or not.
That's one or two years ago, I doubt anything changed, though.

TMT5 & 6 built in screen capture has worked fine for me in the past and present - right click > Capture Image (or press 'P' on the keyboard)
This option is not available on a protected disc (without AnyDVD enabled) but it is available with the protection removed (AnyDVD enabled) and works fine.

[/ATTACH]
I took screen shots before, too. I'm quite sure there is some copyright flag recorded to disk allowing to enable/disable certain features - without me knowing the actual standard definition, though.

I couldn't even take a screen shot from the Harry Potter disk using any external screen capturing software. So apparently, screen output is constrained to be output to the video card directly if that copyright bit is set on disk.

PDVD_001.JPGScreen Shot 02-28-14 at 09.32 AM.jpg these screen shots are from Power DVD built in screen capture, and the second is from "Gadwin Screen Capture" both with AnyDVDHD enabled. (these are from the special features disc)

PDVD_001.JPGScreen Shot 02-28-14 at 09.35 AM.jpg again from the special features disc with AnyDVDHD disabled. I have a Nvidia GeForce 660 video card and Asus Maximus Formula 5 motherboard, 16g of RAM, - so far I haven't run into problems capturing screen shots.

Gibyadahof
What is the resolution on those shots, the ones with out the Power DVD controls in the picture ?

TMT5 & 6 built in screen capture has worked fine for me in the past and present - right click > Capture Image (or press 'P' on the keyboard)
This option is not available on a protected disc (without AnyDVD enabled) but it is available with the protection removed (AnyDVD enabled) and works fine.
Hehe... I knew it. :agree:

Gibyadahof
What is the resolution on those shots, the ones with out the Power DVD controls in the picture ?

In Gadwin Print Screen you have the option to resize the image from the default settings. I keep the aspect ratio and change the resolution to 1920 x 1080. I have a Vizio tv/monitor with resolution at 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate at 120 mhz.

In Gadwin Print Screen you have the option to resize the image from the default settings. I keep the aspect ratio and change the resolution to 1920 x 1080. I have a Vizio tv/monitor with resolution at 1920 x 1080 with a refresh rate at 120 mhz.

Thanks, that's a nice feature that you're able to keep the full resolution.

Hehe... I knew it. :agree:

I reloaded an older version of Arcsoft Total Media 5 and it seems to be a TMT problem.
arcsoft capture anydvd enabled.jpg This shot is TMT 5 built in capture with anydvdhd enabled - with anydvdhd disabled you get absolutely nothing.
Screen Shot 02-28-14 at 11.56 AM.jpg This shot is with Gadwin Print Screen in TMT with anydvdhd enabled. disabled has no effect on TMT.
Gadwin anydvd enabled windows media player.jpg This capture is in Windows media player with anydvdhd enabled with Gadwin Print Screen.
Gadwin anydvd disabled windows media player.jpg This capture is in windows media player with anydvdhd disabled with Gadwin Print Screen.
If you notice in these photos TMT would not allow me to even capture the screen with controls, whereas I could capture the controls in windows media player and in PowerDVD with Gadwin Print screen.
Best to have Anydvdhd loaded when running TMT to get your captures. Also the capture from TMT is set at 720x 480. very poor!! hope all this info helps.

One last thing, the resolution in Power DVD13 is set at 853 x 480still very poor quality.

You can use Media Player Classic Home Cinema too, just open the M2TS file and then you can even go frame by frame to select the perfect screenshot. It's what I use when I need a shot of a particular scene for what ever reason.

You can use Media Player Classic Home Cinema too, just open the M2TS file and then you can even go frame by frame to select the perfect screenshot. It's what I use when I need a shot of a particular scene for what ever reason.

Yes Media Player Classic is very good for screen capture with it's step-by-step button to produce a little to no blur picture, but the built in capture still lacks in the resolution at 720x480.

MPClassic screenshot 720x480.jpg MPClassic capture at 720 x 480
MPClassic screenshot 720x359.jpg same capture with just picture, cropped in Photoshop at 720x359
MPClassic with Gadwin Print Screen 1920x 1080.jpg Gadwin Print Screen capture in Media player classic at 1920x1080
MPC with Gadwin Print Screen 1920x817.jpg just picture cropped in Photoshop at 1920x817

If a screenshot is at a high resolution it makes for some quality Desktop Wallpapers.

That's interesting... However, when I'm burning a Blu-ray to ISO file, shouldn't there be an option in AnyDVD to signal to the DVD player to allow taking screenshots?

If that flag can be removed while having AnyDVD running, it may as well be removed right in the created ISO file, shouldn't it?

I'm taking my copies around with me on a USB stick and I don't have AnyDVD installed on each machine. And I tend to believe I shouldn't need to have it installed when playing back an ISO file.

That's interesting... However, when I'm burning a Blu-ray to ISO file, shouldn't there be an option in AnyDVD to signal to the DVD player to allow taking screenshots?

If that flag can be removed while having AnyDVD running, it may as well be removed right in the created ISO file, shouldn't it?

I'm taking my copies around with me on a USB stick and I don't have AnyDVD installed on each machine. And I tend to believe I shouldn't need to have it installed when playing back an ISO file.

Afaik I dont think its a flag issue for anydvd. I think its built into the protection on the disc. I use VLC player and it hascaptured all my shots at whatever res. I choose. I have noticed with the newest VLC dl I started getting some captures blacked out. ie. on The Hobbit appendicies, I can capture everything except when they show thier blueprints or drawings of middle earth.

I your providing captures for friends, just email them or add VLC to your usb. That would be my suggestion until you find a comfortable work around or until it is able to be included in a anydvd releaseif applicable.

Back