• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How are your results playing movies on platters in mpc madvr?

gereral1

Anyone tried putting 4k rip onto platter to play live in mpc madvr? If it works this could be a solution to watch 4k without buying hdmi 2.0 crap. Could save on motherboard, cpu, special 4k roms... I can tell you my produced 4k videos works thru mpc madvr on hard drive fine without 0 lag. PowerDVD 16 chocked on it though.....

The idea for old equipment like quad core amd 2+ processors.
You could use dtsdecoder.dll lav filters and still get 4k. You would never get hdr though. Funny is madvr I can change the nits to support my 4k TV. My TV supports 75hz at 4k resolution. It had the new color spec support and hdr. I've watched hdr content and it's not a big deal for dynamic range. Sony xbr 850c had a great trimulius display so it produces colors better than most 4k tvs out there.

Yes the discs works in Mpc for htpc's
To record HDR the shield can reproduce HDR
From the hdmi setting.

I took a 4K rip of finding Dorey, play back on shield as a file with full HDR switched on.
File size 4K 109GIG

Salt 4k UHD
Playing on a PC 1080p LCD
Raw file

Attachments

• IMG_9079.JPG
    IMG_9079.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yes the discs works in Mpc for htpc's
To record HDR the shield can reproduce HDR
From the hdmi setting.

I took a 4K rip of finding Dorey, play back on shield as a file with full HDR switched on.
Good to know. Have to look into this. Relive AMD capture works great for 4k hevc(h265) in real time without any glitches. File sizes are same as 1080p Blu-ray but they are 4k size. My TV switches modes to 4k and everything works in mpc hc. Had to stop using madvr because 4k sample would not play in hardware mode. Talk about this in third party forums article. I still want to use my htpc eventually to play 4k hevc and even maybe convert my files to vp9 when hardware support come with Polaris. When you watch YouTube 4k 60p they default stream in vp9. The files are half of h265.

Good to know. Have to look into this. Relive AMD capture works great for 4k hevc(h265) in real time without any glitches. File sizes are same as 1080p Blu-ray but they are 4k size. My TV switches modes to 4k and everything works in mpc hc. Had to stop using madvr because 4k sample would not play in hardware mode. Talk about this in third party forums article. I still want to use my htpc eventually to play 4k hevc and even maybe convert my files to vp9 when hardware support come with Polaris. When you watch YouTube 4k 60p they default stream in vp9. The files are half of h265.

So far I have been able to back up all my 4K movies
H265HEVC
Average 25 to 35 gig max-h265 compression
The hardest part was capturing HDR
I can get 4K/24 HDR/BT.2020 YCBR 4:2:2/12 bit
See pit test UHD tv Sony 65in HDR x850d

Last edited:
So far I have been able to back up all my 4K movies
H265HEVC
Average 25 to 35 gig max-h265 compression
The hardest part was capturing HDR
I can get 4K/24 HDR/BT.2020 YCBR 4:2:2/12 bit
See pit rest UHD tv Sony 65in HDR x850d
What splitter you using? Pluto viewhd?

IMG_9245.JPG IMG_9244.JPG IMG_9238.JPG IMG_9239.JPG Both UHD tv & PC end
For those who say HDR is im possible not so .
What's the difference between the 12 bit vs 10 bit other than that no differences.

I noticed dhthd? What card are you using for black magic and does it capture to 7.1 or stereo?

I noticed dhthd? What card are you using for black magic and does it capture to 7.1 or stereo?
Yes 7.1/both stereo
Up to 16 channels for audio
Cinavia Audio captured in it's raw form Canot be detected within the signal u guys can test for your self
Can u explain the 10bit vs 12??
Anyone?

Last edited:
10 bit is 422 color. 12 bit is 444 color. Look up color Google. 420 color uses 1/4 color pixels than 422 which uses half. 444 uses all the color pixels. You will never be able to live capture 444. 422 will put a big demand on your hard drive. Look up atamos codecs to learn about capture. 1 terrabyte ssd will get you 2 1/2 hrs lol. It's pretty insane 4k 10bit 422.

J
Yes 7.1/both stereo
Up to 16 channels for audio
Cinavia Audio captured in it's raw form Canot be detected within the signal u guys can test for your self
Can u explain the 10bit vs 12??
Anyone?
what HDMI splitter you using. Private message me if you do not want to reveal this publicly.

IMG_9252.JPG IMG_9253.JPG
10 bit is 422 color. 12 bit is 444 color. Look up color Google. 420 color uses 1/4 color pixels than 422 which uses half. 444 uses all the color pixels. You will never be able to live capture 444. 422 will put a big demand on your hard drive. Look up atamos codecs to learn about capture. 1 terrabyte ssd will get you 2 1/2 hrs lol. It's pretty insane 4k 10bit 422.
I know & understand most of what your saying
It's actually 6.99 gig per minute on 10bit YUV HDR 10bit RGB 10gig per minute.
I use separate hard drive,
Solid state drives works better.
On 600gb move h265 on max resolution down to 65gig on my tests.
Or I could settle for HDR on 8bit average raw data 120 gig on 1hour & 50minute HDR movie which still contains the HDR stuff & 4K ofcourse
And I use other software for official hevc h265.mp4
But the h265 software only offers 5.1 audio or 6 channels.
Other codecs offers 7.1 but way higher resolutions
My final file plays on xbmc as 4K on both shield & xbmc Sony goggle app with HDR
But my UHD player will not recognize h265 file which is odd.
The Sony xbr65d has the option to playback HDR file in HDR picture setting
Trying 7.1 now having no issuses capturing.

Attachments

• IMG_9250.JPG
    IMG_9250.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If he can capture 7.1 this will be a first on 1 pass capture cards. Usually you have to do them separate and bring them back together into a container
Remember these cards are for high end 4K cameras
& not that expensive.

Back