Hostel Part 2 Rips but won't play on stand alone DVD Players..

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by DVD Mansion, Oct 20, 2007.

1. DVD Mansion

DVD Mansion Beta Tester

It will play back on a computer but will not play back on any stand alone player we have. It gets released Oct 23rd

Cheers
    Chris

2. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Did you enable logging so the IFO's can be sent to slysoft?

3. boobear1998

boobear1998 Well-Known Member

what version of anydvd are you using. I used 6.1.7.4 and it was fine.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

A burned backup won't play--or the original disc?

If it's the backup . . .

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

12. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer, that means Anydvd and whatever backup program you used worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below).

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
    b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player you're using is slowly dying.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  5. boobear1998

boobear1998 Well-Known Member

I backed up Hostel 2 with 6.1.7.4 with no problem.

6. DVD Mansion

DVD Mansion Beta Tester

Sorry for the late reply, it was my burner, just replaced it & that title works fine now. I have many burners here & sometimes don't know which ones are too old lol, hard to keep track.

7. cricketcf1217

cricketcf1217 Active Member

I backed up Hostel Part II with 6.1.8.4 with no problems.

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Just backed up Hostel Part2 and had no problems, all modes work fine. CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD 6.1.8.4.:clap:

9. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Thanks for letting us know!

10. tmckin1211

tmckin1211 Well-Known Member

I also copied Hostel2 with AnyDvd 6.1.8.4 and CloneDVD with no problems.