• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HomeCinema-HD - Quality guide for HTPC

K

kast

MPC-HC Guide with ffdshow Reclock madVR AC3filter AutoFrequency CoreAVC

I created a site about home theater PC with the goal of playing all types of video with maximum quality by using mpchc, ffdshow, reclock, ac3filter... This tutorial is accessible to everyone and I give the configuration files ready as packs.

The site is available here Tutorial Home Theater PC

A small example of what you get: Quality Comparison Before / After

I'm french so the original version of the site was in french. I started to translate it in english but my english is not very good so there must be some translation errors.

I see you soon on http://www.homecinema-hd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a personal opinion, but from a photographic point of view (which is what cinema is about), the "after" screenshot of the Dexter opening certainly looks of lower quality (not natural at all: too much edge, contrast and saturation enhancements) than the "before" one.

Why didn't you do before/after comparisons with the other images (real scenes), and with various material instead of just faces?

I've seen you've posted a link to your guide on pretty much every french forum I know of, and while I'am all for guides on how to tweak settings and configure players, the kind of "here is how you have to digitally enhance a moving picture" which always include the same ffdshow filters sound very obnoxious to me. It has to be the umphteen one on the subject.:clap:

yeah, spamming all the forums and adding a big "donate" button on the very top is rather annoying(when it's about using free software like MPC/Reclock/madVR)...especially when this subject has been beaten to death.

but this is a vast and complicated matter, and dumbing things down is always good :)

I prefer the "after" screenshot of dexter and threre is no contrast and saturation enhancements, just good levels.

Maybe I'll change the others image later.

I do not force you to read it.

I am sorry I did'nt want to spam the forum, I just wanted to make known my tutorial.

I will delete the donate button.

no worries! I tried to look at the comparisons, but I dunno what "Dexter" is(some TV show?)..and I don't see any before/after comparisons, just two ugly guys in close up and Alice(most likely from a 720p rip?) :confused:

anyway yes, you may wanna brush up the english translation of your site, but it's always good to explain those things to newcomers...so congrats w/ the new site :agree:

Yes dexter is a TV show and the screenshot is below.

English translation needs to be corrected and it will.

Thank you.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for the website - I have been trying to set up an optimal HTPC for a while and all the tips are buried so deep in threads with hundreds of pages!

I'm not a fan of sharpening video (the text in the Dexter shows edge enhancement artifacts), but following your tutorial it is simple to bypass this section.

One small error I noticed on the profiles page:
http://www.homecinema-hd.com/index.php?page=ffdshow_video_profiles&lang=en_US
for 1080p it states "and 16 and 576 in the bottom 2" which should be "and 16 and 1080 in the bottom 2"

Thanks again for your hard work!

Thank you to report this error, it's fixed.

I'm glad I helped.

There is again a lots of news since the last time I updated my post :

- Pack HomeCinema-HD N°10.2
- AutoFrequency 1.3.3.381
- madVR is recommended in the tutorial
- LAV Splitter replace haali media splitter
- Some fixes and improvements in the tutorial
- etc...

The tutorial and the packs are still avaible here : HomeCinema-HD - Tutorial HTPC - Pack
You can go here to see the latest updates of the tutorial : News HomeCinema-HD

Back