Hogan's Hereos S1D1 issues

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Chewmann, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Hi all! I am new to RedFox. I downloaded the trail software to see if it will allow me to backup my DVDs to ISO files. The first set of disks I started with were Hogan's Hereos. The Ripper ran for 24 hours and was reporting it had 54 more hours to go. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I took a screen capture of the window showing the time and have uploaded the log file.

The disks were bought in the USA (Amazon).
    Ripping to harddisk.
    Disk title: HOGANS_HEREOS_D1

Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please create & post an AnyDVD logfile from this disc. Thank you.

3. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Hi James ~ I attached it to my original post.

4. James

No, this is a ripper log. Please *create* an AnyDVD log and post it. Notify icon, right mouse button, create logfile...

5. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

See attached.

I will try this in another external DVD player and see if I get the same results.

Attached Files:

6. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

I used a different drive and it failed. I uploaded the logfile and a screen capture of the error.

As a check, I was able to view all of the VOB files and everything played as expected on this player. Then I put the DVD in my blu-ray player attached to my TV and it works. So it is not the disk.

Attached Files:

7. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

The reason your E drive throws that warning is because of the region mismatch (Disc region 1, drive region 2). What's even worse is that matSHITa drives like you E one are known to enforce their drive region extremely strict. Don't even try using disc in it that doesn't come from the same region as that drive. It'll fail.

The F drive should have worked if it's not a drive problem. Note: just because a disc PLAYS fine, doesn't mean by a long shot that it's fine for ripping. When playing, most users only access the main feature. if the problematic area is in a menu or bonus feature which you then don't access, your player doesn't access the problematic area and you don't see any problem. AnyDVD can't do that. It needs to access EVERYTHING.

Then there's also the thing that you shouldn't be using the image ripper on DVD's. Anydvd shows a warning for that too.

8. James

Panasonic (Matsushita) drives don't allow reading, if the disc and drive regions don't match. You must change the region of one of your drives to 1.
    EDIT: As the message box said.

9. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Okay, I went thru the device manager and selected US (Region 1) on the Plextor drive. Then I tried to rip it to an image and it didn't work.

I have another blu-ray/DVD writeable internal drive I can install in my computer which I know is a region 1 player. Should I try that or is there nothing I can do to make this work?

10. Ch3vr0n

If 2 drives tell you there's a problem. There's a good chance the 3rd one will too, giving you a hint there that it's unlikely to be 3 faulty drives ;)

11. James

Please post a logfile created with the Plextor drive.

12. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

One thing that wasn't mentioned and might be slightly important, you MUST EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the drive region. AnyDVD CANNOT be running.

13. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

I restarted AnyDVD, checked the Plextor region (see image) and tried again (see error msg).

I apologize for being "that guy."

Attached Files:

14. James

Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. Sorry.

15. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

I don't think so as I have watched it in my Blu-ray player I have connected to my TV. I also used VLC to view the .VOB files on the disk on my computer.

Let me try disk 2 and see what happens.

16. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Disk 2 seemed to work. I then when back to D1 and it failed again. Next step is to clean the disk and see if that helps. If not, I'll continue with the remaining disks. Thanks for the help!

17. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Disk 2 worked, but 3 & 4 had similar failures. See attached logfiles.

Attached Files:

18. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Disk 5 same...

Attached Files:

19. Chewmann

Chewmann Member

Well, I installed an internal blu-ray drive I had in a previous computer. Lo and behold, I was able to rip disk 1. That means the USB external drives I have don't work as expected. I will continue to see if the other issues I have are resolved by the new drive.

I want to thank everyone for the help and assistance to get this resolved.

20. Ch3vr0n

If the enclosures can be opened, they'll most likely be drives with a standard sata connectors. If you feel up to it, you could open them up and connect them with cables. Often the drives themselves are fine, but the controller in the enclosures is the actual culprit of the problems

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk