Hitman Blu-ray no workie on PDVD 3104a!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by horseshoe, Mar 6, 2008.

1. horseshoe

horseshoe New Member

AYE!

MATES

WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

HOUSTON DO YOU HEAR, we have a problem!

I have the Hitman Region 1 BD disc in hand and I can rip to hard drive with AnyDVD HD, but when i go to play it i got error message telling me to update firmwares of my players? WTF

HELP :bang::bang:

2. SvT

SvT Well-Known Member

I read there is no version of PDVD playing that movie from drive.

Does the original disk play ?

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Don't rip, before trying to play the disc with AnyDVD enabled. I recommend PowerDVD version 3319a. Should work.

4. scmeis1

scmeis1 Well-Known Member

As James stated PDvd version 3319a will work with BD+ disks for the most part. There is going to always be an exception to that rule. That disk has BD+ on it, there for any version of Pdvd above 3319a will not play. It will give that exact text, "please upgrade your firmware."

5. Xtrap1979

Xtrap1979 Well-Known Member

To sum it up: the worst combination would be BD+ and the new BD profiles on one disc, right?

6. DonCarlos

DonCarlos Well-Known Member

Right :agree:

7. thedatman

thedatman Well-Known Member

I'm very new to this and 3319a does seem to work on the few dvds I tried. Why would anyone here be running anything else?

8. damnskippy

damnskippy Well-Known Member

Because from what I have read there are disks it will not play because it is old (in software/computer terms anyway).

9. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Try some of the profile 1.1 discs like Resident Evil Extinction or Across the Universe, etc. You'll find those don't work so well.

10. rfielder

rfielder Well-Known Member

RE:Ext does not play well with the latest and greatest PDVDU and AnyDVD HD either!

At least not for me, on two different HTPC's.

11. SamuriHL

It plays for me with 3730 but certainly not with anything before it. Add BD+ to that, and, well, you've got a mess. So, we're approaching the day when we're going to have titles that aren't playable from backups without the BD+ code being added to AnyDVD. All we can do is wait. Such is life. :)

12. rfielder

rfielder Well-Known Member

What all this is doing to me, is force me to get DVD's instead of Blu-Ray movies.

Blu-Ray may have won the battle with HD-DVD, but they are losing the war for my $$$!

13. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

But this day hasn't arrived yet.

14. SamuriHL

I know. We have time. You know I'm patient and can wait. I was simply making an observation that there will come a time when this situation is faced, that's all.