History of the Eagles part 1 and 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Rob a R, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

Been using AnyDVD for a couple of years now and no problems. However last night went to play History of the Eagles status info looks good e.g. removed copy protection etc but will not play in VLC or be copied. Tried with over blu ray disks no problem. Curious if anyone else has run into this ? Both AnyDVD and VLC are current versions.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

3. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

Hi
    Sorry about that it is a blu-ray Set to default tried again same problem VLC will not play cannot copy. Right click on tray icon gives no option to rip or generate log file.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  4. Ch3vr0n

Which icon are you clicking on. Not the VLC one by any chance. The ANYDVD tray icon very much gives the option to create a logfile and rip.

Ripping > options 3 & 4 from the bottom
    Anydvd logfile > 5th option from the top or bottom

5. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

tried rip to image rip to hard nothing appears to happen. did manage to create logfile and look at the status txt and log txt and nothing appears to have error flag next to the entries

6. Ch3vr0n

you don't need to look at it. You need to post it here, as the instructions to create one tell you to do. Clicking on both rip options should trigger a small popup window to popup with the ripper to select drive, rip destination...

7. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

8. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

re small pop up window for rip options I don't appear to get them. tried this multiple times. the only thing that appears to happen is the focus goes onto the main anydvd window.

9. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Since the log posted is of a Bluray, and this is the DVD section, this needs to be moved also.

10. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

ok played around if the main menu is displayed and I go to the tray to rip I don't see the rip menu if close the main window and then select rip options I get the menus current riping an image

11. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

did you want me to repost in blu ray ? sorry about that.

12. Ch3vr0n

You said you were talking about a DVD, That's a bluray. As such this is in the wrong section and has been moved. The main interface does need to be closed indeed for the ripper to show up. This is because the ripper interacts with the anydvd configuration. You can for example start a rip, make some changes in the main interface and start a 2nd rip. The changes would only affect the 2nd rip and not the first one.

What exactly is the problem? VLC is an excellent basic video file player, but it sucks as just about everything else. You need to try a real licensed BD player such as PowerDVD

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  13. Rob a R

Rob a R Member

we had been using vlc to play our blu-ray via anydvd that doesn't appear to work now. it had worked fine for the last year. will give PowerDVD a try. I did have to close the main menu to view the rippers having the main window/menu up I am unable to see them.

14. Ch3vr0n

As i said, the ripper not opening when the main UI is open is normal behavior. Because the ripper is affected by your configuration choices. The same applies to VLC, its an excellent basic video player but it's NOT even a decent BD player. For the very simple reason that it's not designed to be one.