• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

History of the Eagles part 1 and 2

Rob a R

Been using AnyDVD for a couple of years now and no problems. However last night went to play History of the Eagles status info looks good e.g. removed copy protection etc but will not play in VLC or be copied. Tried with over blu ray disks no problem. Curious if anyone else has run into this ? Both AnyDVD and VLC are current versions.

Hi
Sorry about that it is a blu-ray Set to default tried again same problem VLC will not play cannot copy. Right click on tray icon gives no option to rip or generate log file.

Last edited:
Which icon are you clicking on. Not the VLC one by any chance. The ANYDVD tray icon very much gives the option to create a logfile and rip.

Ripping > options 3 & 4 from the bottom
Anydvd logfile > 5th option from the top or bottom

tried rip to image rip to hard nothing appears to happen. did manage to create logfile and look at the status txt and log txt and nothing appears to have error flag next to the entries

you don't need to look at it. You need to post it here, as the instructions to create one tell you to do. Clicking on both rip options should trigger a small popup window to popup with the ripper to select drive, rip destination...

here it is

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.2.0_Info_E_HISTORY OF THE EAGLES PART TWO_6153852D_4587B4A1.ziplog
    451.6 KB · Views: 2
re small pop up window for rip options I don't appear to get them. tried this multiple times. the only thing that appears to happen is the focus goes onto the main anydvd window.

Since the log posted is of a Bluray, and this is the DVD section, this needs to be moved also.

ok played around if the main menu is displayed and I go to the tray to rip I don't see the rip menu if close the main window and then select rip options I get the menus current riping an image

You said you were talking about a DVD, That's a bluray. As such this is in the wrong section and has been moved. The main interface does need to be closed indeed for the ripper to show up. This is because the ripper interacts with the anydvd configuration. You can for example start a rip, make some changes in the main interface and start a 2nd rip. The changes would only affect the 2nd rip and not the first one.

What exactly is the problem? VLC is an excellent basic video file player, but it sucks as just about everything else. You need to try a real licensed BD player such as PowerDVD

we had been using vlc to play our blu-ray via anydvd that doesn't appear to work now. it had worked fine for the last year. will give PowerDVD a try. I did have to close the main menu to view the rippers having the main window/menu up I am unable to see them.

As i said, the ripper not opening when the main UI is open is normal behavior. Because the ripper is affected by your configuration choices. The same applies to VLC, its an excellent basic video player but it's NOT even a decent BD player. For the very simple reason that it's not designed to be one.

Back