• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Highest bitrate with NF?

While that's the intention, I suspect there's a bug in the selection algo: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/question-about-varying-resulting-file-sizes.80741/#post-536317

interesting. im also getting different sizes of episodes within a season. but ive noticed something which i cant confirm atm. for instance. allo allo on prime. old school 4:3 TV series. i select 640:480 since theres much less blockiness than at highest resolution available. since im getting up to 100mb difference in size per episode (which is a lot since each episode is roughly around 200mb, give or take 10mb), for the last two episodes i decided to select the episode and when the AS menu pops up, and even though it remembered last selected resolution, i select next one higher resolution, then back to 640:480. and i think those two episodes are ripped ok, since none have file size below 200mb. a few episodes back i got 139mb size episode which is unacceptable. ill try replicating this for those episodes, and if there indeed is a bug, well... interesting. keep up the good work!

I have three tools that will provide a better output than your NF. AND your NF doesn't even give the option to grab Main Profile which will often provide a better video.

It's not just with NF, AS also grabs lower quality Disney+ streams that other programs will get higher ones.

Don't provoke me to get started on the AMZN rhetoric you're spewing either regarding VBR vs CBR.

Anystream is far from the best or even perfect, I regret paying for it. Their features and so-called improvements are lack luster at best. No h265 support, still have the terrible and useless download limit, still no batch support forcing you to site at the PC all day long etc. AnyDVD was a great program, useful worth buying. Anystream has been a huge disappointment as their are other programs/tools out there that work better.

Anyway I am not trying to bash Redfox but since they are in the business to make money they should start listening to people more then they have in the past. They just ignore you about serious issues no one else has and thus AS is an inferior product.

What other programs do is irrelevant, they achieve higher "bitrates" because they're recorders not downloaders. AnyStream downloads a stream DIRECTLY as it is, and how it's being fed the stream from the streaming provider CDN's.

Just as information, is there a real Big difference between VBR and CBR (video quality speaking) - on amzn ?

Just as information, is there a real Big difference between VBR and CBR (video quality speaking) - on amzn ?
Not in my experience, but what is more important is the profile level. Most, if not all files, I got from AP when I first started using AS were main profile, and now it seems as though most, if not all are high profile. This makes the biggest difference to me and is the main reason that many NF files at 2M bitrate were as good or better than the same title on AP. Now I am getting comparable visual quality from both regardless of the bitrate.

Most of the time CBR is better now days. AMZN VBR encodes were the best YEARS ago, they changed up the encode settings like 3 times I believe. It's best to grab the CBR encodes nowadays imo.

DatsDajunt

as far as I can trace their encoding were :

1) 12-14 mb/s + 15 max mb/s
2) 7-9 mb/m + 10 nominal (not sure what is it)
3) what we have right now
4) CBR

what was/is the best in order ? as far as I have seen they all have High@L4

Back