• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

high school musical crc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt most people have the Service Pack 1 release candidate installed. I wonder if that would affect anything.

I really wished I could tell you, in order for me to test that theory I would have to restore my image prior to sp1. Installing it is a tedious process took about an hour to install that by doing 4 updates and reboots during that as well. I really haven't had the chance to check SP1 really out since I rather insure problem discs first.

Is your DVD drives said to 'auto-run', or is it turned off?

Well not sure there I do have a popup that asks me what I want to do and I hit close.

the SP1 is in beta testing form. windows doesnt give u an option to download it when u do the windows update thru vista. so thats why most dont have it.

I posted the link here as well and it is easy to get it installed just a bit time consuming.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10804

that popup charlie means your autoplay is enabled. if u want to disable it, u can do what i posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the info it doesn't bother me as long as MCE or WMP 11 don't auto start.

I really wished I could tell you, in order for me to test that theory I would have to restore my image prior to sp1.

Ok, so the variables are . . .

1) Service Pack 1 release candidate for Vista or not

2) 64 bit OS or 32 bit OS

3) Ultimate edition or something else

I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition at home, but I really don't want to buy this movie, much less watch it. And I also don't want to be a beta test guinea pig for Service Pack 1 (but that's another topic entirely).

Anyway, once James gets this disc, I'm sure he'll figure out what the problem is for some Vista users.

Ok, so the variables are . . .

1) Service Pack 1 release candidate for Vista or not

2) 64 bit OS or 32 bit OS

3) Ultimate edition or something else

I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition at home, but I really don't want to buy this movie, much less watch it. And I also don't want to be a beta test guinea pig for Service Pack 1 (but that's another topic entirely).

Anyway, once James gets this disc, I'm sure he'll figure out what the problem is for some Vista users.

SP1 seems to be very stable, I'll gladly restore my image if you think SP1 really is a big variable on this but find it unlikely though. I'll wait to hear from James too if he contacts me. Testing is fine for me if needed.

I'll gladly restore my image if you think SP1 really is a big variable on this.

I think that might be a big factor (but obviously, it might not be the solution . . who knows?), but that's a lot of work having to uninstall everything, test, and then reinstall. I'd just wait to see what James says, unless you're bored. You've done a lot of testing already.

I think that might be a big factor (but obviously, it might not be the solution . . who knows?), but that's a lot of work having to uninstall everything, test, and then reinstall. I'd just wait to see what James says, unless you're bored. You've done a lot of testing already.

Actually the image I have is what I already have without SP1 so it's not a big thing just the reinstalling SP1 again. So........?

Here's my specs on my PC if helpful in diagnosing what's wrong (currently doesn't work on my system because I don't see any files on the DVD)

Dell Deminsion E521, AMD Dual-Core processor 5000, 2 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon X1300 (I think...early Vista-compatible card), Windows Vista Premium (no service packs, 32-bit), using onboard sound (for now).

I currently have Nero 7, AnyDVD6.3 and the newest version of Clone DVD and DVDmobile. I also have Norton Anti-virus and Norton Ghost (I always disable auto-protect before I rip DVD's). I am not into tweaking my system very much (so in other words, I haven't gone through and adjusted every setting just to see what would happen) :) I have not disabled the auto-start feature on my system, but will try that when I get home.

In the meantime, I will go back to BestBuy after work and request an exchange, just to see if it could possibly be the DVD. I think I could sweet-talk the girl at the desk to try to play it on one of the Vista geek-squad computers just to make sure it works.

Last edited:
Here's my specs on my PC if helpful in diagnosing what's wrong (currently doesn't work on my system because I don't see any files on the DVD)

Dell Deminsion E521, AMD Dual-Core processor 5000, 2 gigs of RAM, ATI Radeon X1300 (I think...early Vista-compatible card), Windows Vista Premium (no service packs), using onboard sound (for now).

I currently have Nero 7, AnyDVD6.3 and the newest version of Clone DVD and DVDmobile. I also have Norton Anti-virus and Norton Ghost (I always disable auto-protect before I rip DVD's). I am not into tweaking my system very much (so in other words, I haven't gone through and adjusted every setting just to see what would happen) :) I have not disabled the auto-start feature on my system, but will try that when I get home.

In the meantime, I will go back to BestBuy after work and request an exchange, just to see if it could possibly be the DVD. I'm interested in seeing if they had a lot of people try to do the same.

I usually don't tweak anything either, I just run ccleaner & advanced windows care personal every other day along with defragging the hard drive then as well.

High School Musical FINAL UPDATE

I don't know if people are still insisting that everyone's DVDs are defective, but I thought I should offer this update:
After having replaced my DVD 3 times and still getting the same errors on my two new DELL XPS systems running VISTA Ultimate 32 w/ AnyDVD & CloneDVD2, I decided to try to copy HSM2 on an older system running Windows XP.
There were no problems copying the movie on the Win XP system.

I then proceeded to annoy several friends by borrowing their machines.

Attempts at copying the DVD on 3 different newish PCs running Vista Ultimate failed each time (one HP, two Dells). The errors were identical to the ones I got all day yesterday on my systems.

However, I successfully copied the DVD on two other older PCs running Windows XP.

Windows XP score: 3
Windows Vista Ultimate score: 0

The issue seems to be a Vista problem and the disks are fine.

Last edited:
I don't know if people are still insisting that everyone's DVDs are defective

No. James does believe it's related to a Vista UDF file system problem. Most of us now realize the issue is related to Vista.

The issue seems to be a Vista problem and the disks are fine.

Yeah, except Charlie had no issues using Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition with Service Pack 1 Release Candidate installed.

Let's reword that to:

It appears to effect some Vista OS's as I use Vista Ultimate as well, Also note that I built my system and it might effect only prefab PC's?

Just a theory.

I'd be willing to take a bet that Service Pack Release Candidate 1 fixes this problem. I can't see 64 bit or 32 bit making a difference.

Actually, for those of you who want to test, try updating Vista:
click http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0e-4275-482d-9524-de850c4dd91c&DisplayLang=en

No need to those that use vista install the SP1 to handle this title. This is Vista without SP1.

30116277nc7.png

56979924mh1.png

So to those with Vista install SP1 RC now to do this title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back