• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

high school musical crc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
which version of nero do you use? I have nero 7 (but it's up-to-date as far as that version goes) and I have 6.3 of AnyDVD. I tried Nero recode with version 7 with AnyDVD running and it said there wasn't any files on the DVD to copy.

Also, are you able to see the files in the VIDEO_TS folder?

no problem--you guys have always been a great source of help and information

i also use Nero 7, but unfortunately I am not at home to check if I can see th e files

which version of nero do you use? I have nero 7 (but it's up-to-date as far as that version goes) and I have 6.3 of AnyDVD. I tried Nero recode with version 7 with AnyDVD running and it said there wasn't any files on the DVD to copy.

Also, are you able to see the files in the VIDEO_TS folder?

i also use Nero 7, but unfortunately I am not at home to check if I can see th e files

I'm getting this title today I don't yet have it to say right now. I do run Vista as well.

I Was able to back up High School Musical 2 using ANYDVD 6.3.0.0 and CLONEDVD2 2.9.1.2. did the whole disc back-up without any problems.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S VTS3 2004/08/05 13:59
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2040800 sectors (3985 MBytes)
Total size: 4039376 sectors (7889 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

there is a way to disable vista autoplay so it wont try to autoplay when u insert a dvd. click on start, then run. type in gpedit.msc. then in the left panel under user configuration click on administrative. then click system. in the right panel u should see an option to turn off autoplay. double click that, select on. in the drop down box make sure its set for all drives. then click on apply then ok. now vista wont try to autoplay anything.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S VTS3 2004/08/05 13:59
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2040800 sectors (3985 MBytes)
Total size: 4039376 sectors (7889 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

using XP operating system

Wow, check this out: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10779

rrose1968 didn't have any problems in XP, but did in Vista: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72114&postcount=4

I came back just now to see if anything was discovered. I was reading thru the early posts of "bad discs..." and I kept saying to myself "if my disc worked on my XP machine but not Vista, it cannot be the disc...logic."

Anyway not that it matters, but I just accidentally found where the logs are (still learning Vista) and I attached the zip here. I wondered why I stopped getting email notifications for new posts....now I know...lol.

Anyway, after I got it to work on my XP system I didn't try here again.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2.zip
    123.8 KB · Views: 7
there is a way to disable vista autoplay so it wont try to autoplay when u insert a dvd. click on start, then run. type in gpedit.msc. then in the left panel under user configuration click on administrative. then click system. in the right panel u should see an option to turn off autoplay. double click that, select on. in the drop down box make sure its set for all drives. then click on apply then ok. now vista wont try to autoplay anything.

It's also under Start--->Control Panel--->Harware & Sound--->Autoplay if you have the Vista menus on Control Panel. There are several settings for different situations.

Also I can't find what burner came with this pc as the name isn't in Device Manager, but I think it's a Lite-On. PC model is a Compaq SR5113WM if anyone wants to see the specs. I would research it but gotta' go. I would be curious to see what burner models and the info on the pcs that have issues with it. But HS Musical 2 is the only one so far in a couple months. My XP machine uses LG's to use with Nero's Secure Disc encryption feature but I decided not to use it now...go figure.

Last edited:
Does disabling the auto-start in Vista cause the DVD files to appear? My folders appear blank with "Drag files to disk" written in them.

BTW, I called Disney and said "I can't get this DVD to play in Windows Vista, but it does in Windows XP" and as of right now, their tech support has no resolution. They said they've had dozens of other callers complaining about this issue.

I told them they should stick to what they did with HS Musical 1 :cool:

Last edited:
I came back just now to see if anything was discovered. I was reading thru the early posts of "bad discs..." and I kept saying to myself "if my disc worked on my XP machine but not Vista, it cannot be the disc...logic."

This does appear to be a Vista issue. I would have never guessed that in a million years. I would have been testing burners, blank media . . .

I would have never guessed this was an issue related to a specific OS being used.

Last edited:
Does disabling the auto-start in Vista cause the DVD files to appear?

My files appeared regardless, but it took about 20-30 seconds. Then it wouldn't open. Someone asked in my post from yesterday if I tried opening all of it with Admin privileges (I assume using the right-click menu) and that's one thing I did not try. A few programs, including Spybot won't work right unless used that way. I may try that later if someone doesn't first.

I have this title as of now and it is ripping as we speak. I'll keep you posted.

Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition is what I am using too.

HS2 has no issues from my first test. This was done with CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 and AnyDVD 6.3.0.1. My next test is just the AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 ripper only.

Just using the AnyDVD ripper only and I was able to rip all to the hard drive as well. My system specs are :

Vista Ultimate 64 bit plus SP1 RC installed, NVIDIA 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo 2.66 ghtz, 4 gigs of OCZ RAM (PC-6400), GeForce 8500GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported, 2-320 gig Western Digital HDD's, BenQ 1620-B7W9 Firmware , Samsung 203N-SB01 Fr and Fw Firmware Patched, LG H55L-1.03 Firmware , Antec True Power 650 watts Power Supply.

aaka1.png

I have also uploaded the anydvd.zip file as well.

My conclusion is that there is allot of bad discs and or improperly setup windows units out there or a program(s) that are interfering with the process. Not saying this to doubt ones intelligence either so please don't take it that way. Again bought my original from Best Buy. There is no reason to test DVD Shrink nor Nero 7 nor version 8 as anydvd ripper did it's part from the way I see it. I'll gladly test that though if needed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2.zip
    123.8 KB · Views: 4
the SP1 is in beta testing form. windows doesnt give u an option to download it when u do the windows update thru vista. so thats why most dont have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back