• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

high school musical crc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have had problem with High School musical 2. I had the same problem as others have described with two of my laptops. However, I did successfully backup the subject DVD uses my older desktop. It appears to be a issue of how AnyDVD works with some DVD burners when copying High School Musical 2. I have not observe the issue backing up other DVDs.

My guess is, that something goes wrong with the UDF filesystem patching. I have ordered the disc and I'll check it myself.

I think what's going on is that my disk usually tries to auto-play the movie after AnyDVD scans it. It doesn't autoplay, and it doesn't show any files on the disk (even if hidden files and folders is checkboxed). If I could get the computer to list the files, I don't think I'd have an issue with making a backup.

Maybe the people having problems all have AutoPlay enabled?

If you have Windows XP SP1 or greater, download TweakUI (it's free) and unzip and run it. Click on "My Computer," then "AutoPlay," then "Types," then make sure the two items on the upper right are UNCHECKED. Click OK, reboot, and try it again.

Maybe the people having problems all have AutoPlay enabled?
Shouldn't happen, if AnyDVD is running *before* you insert the disc (very important, that's why AnyDVD should run all the time).

MyDVD detects the High School Musical 2 disk and disables the copy protection, but when I try to look at the disk with Windows Explorer, it shows an empty VIDEO_TS folder and won't copy. Same thing if I try to copy to hard disk directly from MyDVD.

I can see the files just fine under Windows XP (my work computer) but at home, the disk does not play on the Windows Vista PC. I've never had this issue before with other DVD's by Disney or anyone else.

Is this a bad-DVD problem, or is a program on the DVD not compatible with Vista?

need help w/ high school musical 2

I am trying to backup my copy of HSM 2. I was using 6.3.0.0 then updated to 6.3.0.1. I am still getting the same crc error. I clicked details and it reads the following, File 0 E:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 23. Can anyone help?

I too have the same problem. I have updated to 6.3.0.1 and I get the same error. File 0 E:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 23. I am running vista os.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is consistent with what I am experiencing. I could not back up HM2 with my two laptops which are running Vista. But I could back up the DVD with my older desktop running XP.

Now it's sounding more like a Windows Vista issue... still, as a troubleshooting step, make sure you have disabled AutoPlay / Autorun for ALL drives on Windows Vista, reboot, and try again.

Now it's sounding more like a Windows Vista issue... still, as a troubleshooting step, make sure you have disabled AutoPlay / Autorun for ALL drives on Windows Vista, reboot, and try again.

I run Win Vista and plan on getting this title this morning.

I didn't see the files with AnyDVD not running either. Autoplay DOES come up, but the only option I have is "Windows Explorer". It's like Windows Vista doesn't recognize it as a movie DVD. I will try later on tonight to see if turning off autoplay fixes the issue. Hope others who have this same issue will post before I do to say if it works or not.

I didn't see the files with AnyDVD not running either.
Fine, so it isn't an AnyDVD issue, but a problem of the Vista UDF file system. I assume you cannot playback the disc (with or without AnyDVD) on your computer using Windows Media Player.

It doesn't play in my Windows Vista system, but AnyDVD states that it's removing the copy protection on the disk. However, being that the files seem hidden, when it comes time to copy, AnyDVD and CloneDVD states that there's no files to copy. I have no problems with it on a Windows XP system.

The only movie I've had this problem with is HS Musical 2.

Last edited:
anydvd and nero recode2

just wanted to add my experiences with this movie. I also encountered the crc error using anydvd 6.3.0.1 and clonedvd2. then I used anydvd 6.3.0.1 with nero recode2 and i got a perfect copy of the main movie only which is what i always make. I also have windows vista media center.

just wanted to add my experiences with this movie. I also encountered the crc error using anydvd 6.3.0.1 and clonedvd2. then I used anydvd 6.3.0.1 with nero recode2 and i got a perfect copy of the main movie only which is what i always make. I also have windows vista media center.

What OS do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back