• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

high school musical crc errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm having the same problem also. Mine will not burn, and I took my movie back at target where I purchased both didnt work so I went to walmart and purchased another copy and unfortunately it also didnt burn same error came up on all 3. I did update to the any dvd 6.3.0.1 like shown on a earlier posting. This is what it says:
File 0 E:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO 23

Since others are having no problems using Anydvd ripper, it seems likely to me there are a lot of bad originals out there, unless you folks aren't using default settings in Anydvd.

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72259&postcount=35

2. also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72171&postcount=3

Someone had to exchange Bourne Ultimatum four times before he got a disc that worked properly. Someone else on these forums received 10 bad copies of another movie.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this might be a hidden attack to force users to go high def? I know it's a crazy ideal, sorry for the off topic post.

Unfortunately this might be a hidden attack to force users to go high def? I know it's a crazy ideal, sorry for the off topic post.

No. Lots of quality control issues also exist for HD-DVDs and Blu-rays as well.

I had no trouble copying High School Musical 2 with latest Anydvd and clone DVD the entire disc

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.1)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S BPSA 2004/10/29 21:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2040800 sectors (3985 MBytes)
Total size: 4039376 sectors (7889 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Can't make backup of High School Musical 2

I can't seem to make a backup of High School Musical 2.

When I run AnyDVD, it says copy protection is removed, but the files in VIDEO_TS are hidden. This is the case even though I have "show all files and folders" checkmarked. This is the only DVD that I have this problem. When I try to copy to disk using AnyDVD, it says no files to copy. When I tried CloneDVD, same issue. I have Windows Vista.

I found only one file on the DVD... desktop.ini which has the following...

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21815

Any ideas?

Last edited:
IFO files are tiny (usually) text files. On DVDs with large VOB files up to a gigabyte each, it seems astronomically unlikely that this many users would have bad sectors on the exact same tiny IFO file. If users were getting errors at various locations on one or more VOB files then it would seem a lot likelier that this is a bad disc issue.

Since some people aren't having any problems, perhaps this disc is using a protection that some particular burners can't handle.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

If users were getting errors at various locations on one or more VOB files then it would seem a lot likelier that this is a bad disc issue.

Yeah, unless a manufacturing defect presented that error at the exact same spot over a large number of discs

Since some people aren't having any problems, perhaps this disc is using a protection that some particular burners can't handle.

That thought did cross my mind as well, but James would have a better idea.

Last edited:
I was trying to copy to my hard drive and had the same error message on the same file.

I think what's going on is that my disk usually tries to auto-play the movie after AnyDVD scans it. It doesn't autoplay, and it doesn't show any files on the disk (even if hidden files and folders is checkboxed). If I could get the computer to list the files, I don't think I'd have an issue with making a backup.

Last edited:
Yeah, unless a manufacturing defect presented that error at the exact same spot over a large number of discs.

That thought crossed my mind, but a CD/DVD Speed scan was posted showing no bad sectors by a user experiencing the problem.

That thought crossed my mind, but a CD/DVD Speed scan was posted showing no bad sectors by a user experiencing the problem.

There have been a few recent issues involving bad discs (or possibly slowly dying burners) where even the cd/dvd scan passed. I can't really account for why the test passed though in those cases.

For example click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=69109&postcount=32 and then take a look at Jame's reply: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=69144&postcount=37

Last edited:
I give up. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72231&postcount=5

Yet another person with no problems (he is using "Deep Scan" though in the A.I. scanner).
I need someone to try Anydvd ripper with default settings.

If this were an Anydvd bug, then it seems to me that everyone would be getting this problem.

How would I use Deep Scan? I don't know computers that well. I don'know if this helps but I downloaded the new Beta AnyDVD and also am using Vista. Please help!

How would I use Deep Scan? I don't know computers that well. I don'know if this helps but I downloaded the new Beta AnyDVD and also am using Vista. Please help!

Actually, the default settings worked for him as well. Just click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then click "ok".

Actually, the default settings worked for him as well. Just click the "default" button in Anydvd. Then click "ok".

I just tried it and pressed ok.

The Audio_TS and Video_TS come up and that ha never happened before. Could you tell me what next step I should try is? Here is the AnyDVD read out. Thanks!!

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.1)
SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615S EDS3 JUL20 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2040800 sectors (3985 MBytes)
Total size: 4039376 sectors (7889 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HIGH_SCHOOL_MUSICAL2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

UDF filesystem patched!

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

1. i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd

2. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

3. If step #2 works, you can import that rip into whatever burning program you want.

v. Click "properties".
viii. Start Anydvd

2. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

3. If step #2 works, you can import that rip into whatever burning program you want.

Thanks for being patient. I use CloneDVD2. How could I import or all the files in the right order from the harddrive? Also how can I make sure that it doesn't always save to the harddisk?

Thanks for being patient. I use CloneDVD2. How could I import or all the files in the right order from the harddrive? Also how can I make sure that it doesn't always save to the harddisk?

v. Click "properties".
viii. Start Anydvd

2. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and read fully (follow that guide step by step)

Just tried all the steps and it wouldn't let me rip it saying:

FileIO: E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

When I open up the Video_IO and Audio_IO there is nothing there

Here is AnyDVD again:

UDF filesystem patched!

Just tried all the steps and it wouldn't let me rip it saying:

FileIO: E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Yeah, you're experiencing the issue that others are having.

A number of people haven't had any issues, and the other group gets the same error that you have.

The problem might be hardware related. I'm not sure at this point.

I'm not going to post anything else in this thread until James writes something in here. James is the master; he knows all.

We're all just speculating about why some people are having no problems and others are, really. I'm tired of speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back