• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

High number of coasters lately

Cabong

Hello,

Most of my copies lately have been showing the cinavia warning about 20 min in the movie. I don't really play with settings so in essence everything should work the same.

I was under the impression that creating an image and mounting it with VCD would let me see if anything's wrong in advance, but apparently not, since it played ok for over an hour on my pc.

I know many of you here are knowledgeable, perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

Cheers!
Den

It played ok because by default AnyDVD has a setting active that prevents SOFTWARE players from detecting it, that setting does NOT remove the signal itself. Just because you have cinavia on the backup, does not class it as a coaster. It will still play fine on non cinavia detecting players. Is it a DVD or Blu-ray?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your reply.

It's a bluray. I did get a new BR player lately. Is there any solution?

Best regards,
Den

Sure,
You can find a pre 2012 BD player. Or you can use the removal procedure in CloneBD/AnyDvDHD that REQUIRES that you downconvert the audio. Along having the tick box selected in AnyDvDHD.
The Fox icon in your tray will turn purple if working during processing disc.
If you don't own CloneBD you can trial it but now would be a great time to purchase as elby is offering a 20% discount right now.
http://www.elby.ch/purchase.html
There's also a combo deal with CloneDVD at $95.20 Euro that is actually cheaper than purchasing CBD at regular price of $99.00 Euro.
For more information about CloneBD please see:
http://www.elby.ch/products/clonebd.html

Are u saying my hundreds of BR backups are now useless unless I use my old BR player?

May I ask what is to downconvert the audio? Is there a written procedure?

Thanks for your help guys.

Den

Are u saying my hundreds of BR backups are now useless unless I use my old BR player?

May I ask what is to downconvert the audio? Is there a written procedure?

Thanks for your help guys.

Den
Cinavia became mandatory for all consumer Blu-ray Disc players from 2012.
If you intend to play your old backups that have Cinavia, (burnt to BD-media), your new standalone BD-player will trigger Cinavia.
Depending on your BD-player brand there might be a firmware Cinavia fix.
The downconverting of Cinavia audio also means a huge loss in audio quality.

Thanks for all these great info guys.

Having a dedicated theater room, downconverting of audio is really a show stopper for me.

I'm trying to weight my options here, I still have my old BR player and I could buy the new Seiki BR player, but the day they stop working there may not be any replacement solution available.

I may have to come to term with the fact there's no permanent solution.

With respect to autodidact comments above, purchased a Panasonic DMP-UB900 last year and purchased a firmware fix for 40 Euros at Christmas. It does exactly what it says on the box. I now have a Cinavia free BD player, also plays multi region disks although you have to set it to do so if it is a different region or region not removed by software, very simple and quick basically press the Option button on the remote three times followed by 1, 1 or 2, 2 for regions 1 or 2. there are a few other variations for different regions and "special features" i.e. Cinavia removal, but it works a treat. Very simple to run the firmware fix. Have disks that tried before and after. Worked perfectly.

Thanks for the links and info guys.

The DMP-UB900 appears to be the easiest one to find in stores but it's pricey here ($800), for my none 4k use that is.

I have a recent Panasonic projector, not sure if the increase in quality over the Seiki SR4KP1 which is $120, is worth $700 difference.

Any opinion is welcome!

Den

Any opinion is welcome!

I'd save the $700 (unless you really want UHD)
4k UHD BD players are still relatively new and at a premium price, if the Seiki does fail in a year (not that it will) then by that time the UB900 will probably be at a much lower price or cheaper models will be released (over in Europe the UB700 is already 30% cheaper than the UB900)

I have a 4k TV in my basement but the player is for my projector.
I was confirmed the UB900 won't work with an hd tv even if it's to watch BR only, it has to be hooked to a 4k tv. So it's a no go for me.

I have a 4k TV in my basement but the player is for my projector.
I was confirmed the UB900 won't work with an hd tv even if it's to watch BR only, it has to be hooked to a 4k tv. So it's a no go for me.

Not sure who confirmed that but the UB900 (and other 4k UHD BD players) will output 1080p to a standard HD TV for standard Blu-ray discs.
You don't have to have them hooked up to a 4k display.

My UB900 was connected to a Panasonic 1080P that was about 8 years old, I can assure you it worked just fine. The player knows it is not connected to a 4K source and outputs accordingly. Cost me about £600 UK pounds when they where new on the market. Yes its dear but now I also have an 4K LG OLED and passed the Panasonic on to my parents. Like most things you pay dearly for state of the art but id you love movies then its worth it. Well nearly, upscalled BD is good but not as good as real 4k.

Darn sales people I'm telling you. Is it me or nowadays some will say anything just to hang up the phone.
Thanks for the info!

Can someone tell me if playing regular BR on the UB900 (on 1080p projector) will yield much better results than an average player?

The fix alone doesn't really worth spending that much for me, unless the image quality is a major improvement over the Seiki SR4KP1.

Regards,
Den

Moving this to a more appropriate section since it has severely derailed from the initial issue which wasn't an anydvd issue to begin with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Have a look at Panasonic Blu-ray player standalones.
There are some good ones supported by this site:
http://www.regionfreedom.com/

Wohh, that guy was very rude and refused to sell to me on a misunderstanding. I don't seem to have any option to correct
this either.
:(

Looks like I'll have to use my old BR player until I find an alternative solution.

Den

Back