High Def and BlueRay...

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Ajax, Jan 28, 2007.

1. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

It sure does.

2. d_bohne

d_bohne New Member

Thanks for the response, James! I have a laptop (mobile workstation) with a 3.2 GHz P4 processor, an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro Graphics card. The computer has DVI output, and my 1080p DLP TV has HDMI/DVI inputs. I'm hoping to use this computer with an XBox 360 HD Drive. Do you think this would be sufficient to output 1080p to the TV? When I connect the computer to the TV to watch movies and stuff I am not having the computer do any other tasks at all. Also, the graphics card is replaceable, so I could upgrade to something in the Mobility Radeon X1K Family...

Also, what kind of media player software is neccessary? Right now I primarily use Nero Showtime and Windows Media Center...

Thanks always for the great SlySoft products and OUTSTANDING customer support!!!

3. gus738

gus738 Well-Known Member

hi james well i have a xps 700 core 2 duo 2.66 2 gb ram 533 ddr2 nvida geforce 7900Gs i take it this is more then enough power?????

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.

5. James

6. James

Seems a little bit underpowered for HD, sorry.

For HD DVD playback there is currently only one product available (PowerDVD Ultra), so the choice is quite limited. :D
    For DVD playback my personal favourite is Zoom Player & NVIDIA Pure Video Decoder.

7. James

Sure, more power than you need.:D

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Don't you also need HD-DVD media? That is not easy to find either.:disagree:

9. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

No one has all the resources needed to be a tester.

10. James

HD DVD media? What do you mean? Movies? I don't even think there is a HD DVD recorder available for PCs at the moment.

11. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

ROFLMAO! Ok, Ok, that sounds good then. If I had an HD-DVD drive I'd help out with the beta testing. I just bought a new car, though, so my budget is a tad bit stretched at the moment. :)

12. James

Who needs a car? Stay at home, watch HD DVD movies! :D

13. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Pardon my excitement here, but, "OH HELL YEA!' :D That is seriously awesome! And what's this "Windows XP" you speak of? You mean Vista, right? ROFLMAO! ;) Well done, guys. VERY well done.

14. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

I wish! Somehow my boss type person wouldn't like that very much. Not all of us have cushy movie hacking jobs like you, ya know. :D LOL!

15. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Perfect. That's what I was hoping for. Another well done. You guys are right on top of this.

16. James

LOL!!!!
    Offensive -- maybe. But funny as hell! :D

17. James

Have you seen the screenshot yet? Sure you don't want to trade the car? :D

18. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yes, yes you do. GoW is awesome. :) I want the HD-DVD drive...maybe some day soon.

19. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Moderator

Yes, I just took a look. You guys are insanely awesome. And no, I LOVE my car unfortunately. As tempting as it is to get an HD-DVD drive. My birthday IS coming up in a few days though. :D

20. James

Did you notice the "directory to store script files" edit box?
    With an XML editor you can remaster HD DVDs on the fly (!!!!!) without making a copy. The script files will magically replace the files on the physical disc. So you can create customized playback of movies *without* ripping them at all.
    How cool is that?
    I believe that's what you were asking for, right? ;)