• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hi, Just a quick question

cnjax

When I backup a dvd and then put it into my toshiba stand alone player, instead of starting to read the disc right away, I'm forced to press the top menu button on the remote in order to play the movie, can anyone tell me why this is and whether or not I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Chris

Just a guess but I would say it's an issue with the DVD Player.

When I backup a dvd and then put it into my toshiba stand alone player, instead of starting to read the disc right away, I'm forced to press the top menu button on the remote in order to play the movie, can anyone tell me why this is and whether or not I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Chris

Can you play the disc in your Toshiba player? Yes, therefore you are not doing anything wrong.

I suspect "the issue" is with the way the disc is backed up and having used CloneDVD to back up my DVDs I never had such an issue. AnyDVD itself does not affect the way your backup software works, it simply removes the protection :D

Disable "remove annoying adverts and trailers" in Anydvd. It's affecting your backup. The feature does affect backups--and it doesn't work for all movies.

Last edited:
Disable "remove annoying adverts and trailers" in Anydvd. It's affecting your backup. The feature does affect backups--and it doesn't work for all movies.

Fair enough. Personally I never had a headache with that :disagree:
I also think that a lot depends on what software Chris uses for backing up his discs, because if it is just transferring the image of his dvd onto a blank one then removing ads and trailers should not matter because he is getting the whole lot anyway :)

Fair enough. Personally I never had a headache with that

Depending on the film, what the OP described can be reproduced by enabling that feature in Anydvd. It's happened to me before.

And provided the OP used Clonedvd, I almost guarantee this was the issue.

You can test whether that feature will affect your backup negatively by previewing the original movie on your computer with that feature enabled in Anydvd.

When i do my back up it is usually dvd shrink 3.2, i tried dvd xcopy and it did the same thing. Right now I'm trying to back up rocky balboa, using nero recode will this work?

When i do my back up it is usually dvd shrink 3.2, i tried dvd xcopy and it did the same thing. Right now I'm trying to back up rocky balboa, using nero recode will this work?

You should be using Anydvd ripper from Anydvd 6.1.6.0 first with the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases for Shrink and Recode. Read here

Disable "remove annoying adverts and trailers" in Anydvd for that film. It won't work anyway with Rocky Balboa.

Also, if the original disc requires you to press the top menu button, then it's reasonable to assume your backup disc will as well.

Last edited:
ok so i'm trying to back up rocky balboa using clone dvd lastest version and any dvd latest version, I have used the option to both burn to disc and write out iso image but neither disc will play dvd player says there is a disc error. Any thoughts? Also my dvd player is a toshiba sd-4800

Last edited:
ok so i'm trying to back up rocky balboa using clone dvd lastest version and any dvd latest version, I have used the option to both burn to disc and write out iso image but neither disc will play dvd player says there is a disc error. Any thoughts? Also my dvd player is a toshiba sd-4800
put your film in the dvd drive on your computer.make sure anydvd is running.start clonedvd2 and choose the option 'clone dvd' to back up.locate the video_ts files folder in the drop down menu on the next screen.also make sure dvd-5 is selected if your gonna use 4.7GB blank media.keep clicking next choosing options available.the final screen is when the dvd files are created.when it's done and you are prompted,put the blank dvd media into the dvd drive.then burn the files to dvd.can you back up a disc now?

Last edited:
Thanks, for all the help, I had sucess by switching from a -r to a +r, I used a maxell high grade disc with anydvd and clone dvd, poped into the toshiba and she fired right up.

Back