here's one I haven't seen before

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Sorbak, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Sorbak

Sorbak New Member

ok here's my problem I used the newest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD and it recorded the movie..but when I try to play them in my computer or a DVD player it says its the wrong format to play it(DVD Player won't load so same thing) whats that about I have read through the forums about bad media this only happens when I burn to a DL disc and I only use DL+ discs(DVD recorder has the ability to record those so thats not it) and I have a TSSTCORP CD/DVDW TS-H652D GA01 0713, if someone knows where to get newer firmware I have tried and even went to samsung(was told its a Samsung SH-S182D model) like others said to but couldn't find it there or anywhere else online and I did try to google it :) and how can it burn a format it doest reconize? :confused: please help as I know just enough about computers to not destroy them....lol Thanks alot in advance, Kevin/Sorbak :bang:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

1. Ensure that you're using Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A Dvd+R DL only

2. Ensure you're changing the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning. (click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476) and follow the instructions step by step; pay close attention to step 3)

3. Webslinger

4. Sorbak

Sorbak New Member

Ok its already set to DVD-Rom as I use nero burn ware and I did DL the nero software that you you recommended for that just to be sure & I will try the disc's you recommend and I'll see if that works...., also I tried that site for my burner firmware already and it said its not compatible with my burner, thanks and I'll let you know whats up :bowdown:

5. Webslinger

By the way, if you use +R DL blank media, I prefer using this method: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. Webslinger

7. Webslinger

Do this with both your backup and your original disc please (I want to check something):

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder
    h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like [​IMG]
    j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    m) click "upload"