• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hereditary dvd rental

I used 8.7.3 and it completes but VLC is unable to play file. With VLC the Screen stays black no Menu Screen.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.3_Info_D_HEREDITARY.ziplog
    948 KB · Views: 5
I don't know how to show that stuff. I just put it in the drive and click copy. if it copies it copies if it doesn't then I have to wait and see if they make a new version of any dvd
And you'll be waiting a very long time without a logfile. There's a reason for the sticky 'READ before you post'.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/

No logfile, no fix. The fixes implemented for one version of that title, don't necessarily work for yours.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Thanks, Mike. I did as you suggested and was able to download and install Beta 8.2.7.3 without incident. Forgive me for being reluctant to do so on my own as I've never run into this conflict in the past using betas of AnyDVD and Webroot.

Last edited:
Just installed 8.2.7.3; still cannot complete AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..."

Just installed 8.2.7.3; still cannot complete AnyDVD "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..."
n/m... it worked after rebooting the PC.

When in doubt, reboot ...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.7.3_Info_E_HEREDITARY.ziplog
    946.2 KB · Views: 9
  • AnyDVD_8.2.7.3_Info_E_HEREDITARY.ziplog
    946.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
8.2.7.3 worked for me. Main movie length 2:07:19

Cheers! -W

I used 8.7.3 and it completes but VLC is unable to play file. With VLC the Screen stays black no Menu Screen.
VLC is unreliable enough to be deemed a joke program.
I've had perfect rips that I wanted to preview before burning to a dvd.
VLC chokes on some really good rips which all turned out to be perfect when playing back on any of my standalone DVD players.
VLC = Very Lousy Choice

VLC is unreliable enough to be deemed a joke program.
I've had perfect rips that I wanted to preview before burning to a dvd.
VLC chokes on some really good rips which all turned out to be perfect when playing back on any of my standalone DVD players.
VLC = Very Lousy Choice

Agreed!
PowerDVD (even a cheap older version off Ebay) is the very best test for DVDs.
-W

Last edited:
Thanks. I have ordered from a different seller.

Last edited:
I use this one. Have it on 4 PC's - fine if you don't want Blu-Ray or 5.1 audio.
Perfect for testing rips though. It does have an "UPGRADE NOW!" nag screen - but only at beginning. If it sees 5.1 you get the nag. But it still down-converts it to stereo all the same.
I also use it for testing sub-title guesses out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CyberLink-...875810?hash=item4d7c1ecfa2:g:D5sAAOSwdudbkHcH

View attachment 44492
I didn't want to pay the $16 delivery charge, so I downloaded PowerDVD 17 for 99¢.

Point is…. there are a thousand ways to get a cheap older version of PowerDVD (with key - NOT cracked).

Powerdvd 17 Ultra there is an official Volume license installer no key needed in powerdvd 18 they did away with the VL installers for obvious reasons.

I downloaded AnyDVD Beta 8.2.7.3 earlier today and have been attempting (unsuccessfully) to install it. This latest beta version is being flagged and then removed from my harddrive by my virus protection software (Webroot) as containing Adware. I have been using AnyDVD for nearly a decade and, of course, I frequently download and update each new version that is released. However, this is the first time I have not been able to install a beta release. I've attached a screen capture from Webroot. I have rebooted twice, and re-downloaded and tried to install Beta 8.2.7.3 multiple times with the same result. Admittedly, I have NOT disabled Webroot prior to installing 8.2.7.3 (I have never had to do this in the past). Any suggestions? Thank you!

Problem is with Webroot. Nothing wrong with this Beta.
-W

I downloaded AnyDVD Beta 8.2.7.3 earlier today and have been attempting (unsuccessfully) to install it. This latest beta version is being flagged and then removed from my harddrive by my virus protection software (Webroot) as containing Adware. I have been using AnyDVD for nearly a decade and, of course, I frequently download and update each new version that is released. However, this is the first time I have not been able to install a beta release. I've attached a screen capture from Webroot. I have rebooted twice, and re-downloaded and tried to install Beta 8.2.7.3 multiple times with the same result. Admittedly, I have NOT disabled Webroot prior to installing 8.2.7.3 (I have never had to do this in the past). Any suggestions? Thank you!

Read this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-and-virus-malware-warning-read-before-posting.75676/

It'll tell you exactly what the problem is and what to do.

When in doubt, reboot ...

That's my motto too!
Rebooting has fixed a LOT of "strange behavior" for me over the years. Be it softwares or devices acting strange.
-W

Back