• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help with xbox hddvd drive and pc!

thanks. the tip for microsoft cleanup tool enabled me finally to install 2911. :bowdown:

It's an ECS P.O.S. motherboard + an Athlon 64 3800 x2 , an eVGA 7900GT, and I've tried both the latest "release" and "beta" forceware drivers.

For reference I've also tried this on my main HTPC, which is an athlon 64 3700, some abit board (i forget), an nvidia 6XXXgt, and no attempt to update drivers. Assuming this HTPC is going to be underpowered anyway but perhaps it is worth pursuing.

Farthest I've gotten with HDDVD is that by demuxing the EVO with "EVOdemux", I can use cyberlink to play the .mpv (no sound) video stream. I can live without the menus but I really would like sound :)

Just a guess: the notes that come with the latest forceware drivers seem to suggest that "purevideo HD" (aka hdcp support) won't be supported under XP--only vista. I've got a copy of vista here but I've been trying reallll hard not to install it, because I honestly don't want to take a performance hit nor break something that already works for no good reason. I hear of spontaneous rebooting in dscaler in vista.

I've seen lots of complaints about PowerDVD Ultra not working with NVidia 7900 series video cards. Unless someone else who has one can help, your only option is to try a different Cyberlink supported video card to see if it works.

Just to point out there is a version of PowerDVD 7.3 floating around that just doesn't work.
The non working says "PowerDVD HD" on the startup screen
Working versions should Say "PowerDVD Ultra" (the ultra is above the DVD part of powerDVD)

Last edited:
Anyone have an update for this problem?
Most movies work ok with 6.5 but many, like others pointed out, have a lot of quirky bugs that are just irratating...
Would a possible solution be to trick powerdvd into thinking I have a 7950 card instead of a 7900? Since my card works with powerdvd 6.5, obviously they specifically added something in the code to ban my card.
Anyone know how to change my computer settings to make powerdvd think I have a 7950 card (which is HDCP compliant)?

Cheers,

LIP

Any update on this?

I am about to go and get an 8800GTS card but am pissed at this prospect as I know my 7900GTOKO works fine...

Is there a way I can make anydvd think I have a different video card?

Regards,

LIP

Any update on this?

I am about to go and get an 8800GTS card but am pissed at this prospect as I know my 7900GTOKO works fine...

Is there a way I can make anydvd think I have a different video card?

Regards,

LIP

Buy one where you can try it and return it so you don't get pissed again.

Back