• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help with Toshiba SD 1600

Fobia46

I have made a backup that plays beautifully on computer. But when I put the disk in my DVD player, a Toshiba SD1600, I get no picture, only sound. Original DVD's play fine so I know the player is OK. What have I done wrong????

I followed every suggestion give in this thread:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=790

Then I started getting disk errors on the player.
I have tried every setting recomended but am only waisting disk.

I have tried several brands of disk including Verbatim. All backup disk will play on several computers, DVD players and recorders but not my newest a Toshiba SD1600 (this is of course the one in the living room I want to play the disk on).

Apparently the programs (CloneDVD & AnyDVD) are great no problem there, the media is good (Verbatim) but what is the problem between the Toshiba SD 1600 and the disk .

1. Any suggestion on what to do or know any secret about the Toshiba?

2.Can someone recommend a good but inexpensive stand alone DVD player that you are SURE works with CloneDVD disk maybe I should replace the Toshiba?

If any one can help it would be greatly appreicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

All backup disk will play on several computers, DVD players and recorders but not my newest a Toshiba SD1600 (this is of course the one in the living room I want to play the disk on).

Not sure if you saw this, but "Again, I would suggest trying Taiyo Yuden 8x as these discs generally have a very high compatibility success rate with standalone dvd players."

Otherwise, yeah, I would try a different standalone dvd player.

I have made a backup that plays beautifully on computer. But when I put the disk in my DVD player, a Toshiba SD1600, I get no picture, only sound. Original DVD's play fine so I know the player is OK. What have I done wrong????

I believe that model first hit the Market in about mid-year 2001. It was not rated to read recordable DVD's (except maybe some DVD+R's). I suspect that you would be well served getting an e-cheapo DVD player (Like Coby). They tend to play just about everything and generally cost less than $35USD.

toshiba 1600 sd

checked your model of dvd player i dont think it plays burned dvd media i had the same problem with my toshiba dvd player, but if your burner supports dvd rom book type change it to dvd rom and i know it will play fine mine did.

Try DVD-R's. I have this Toshiba SD1600 and it only played on the minus not the plus DVD's. I have got several players now that will play almost anything + or - now for under $50.00 USD. Just make sure to read the labels if out buying a new DVD Player.

Denny444

Back