• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help with movie APOCALYTO

cobbway

I'm a new 21 day trial member and intend on buying the whole bundle but, I'm having trouble with the subtitles when coppying it " there's not any"
I can't talk their native tongue:mad: !
The original disk has the subtitles on it.
The first movie I made had the sub titles. but I made the whole thing with menues and everything and the Quality wasn't that good. So I treaked it to run with out the all the extra's and the Quality was in the 72% range instead of the previous 53% range but the 2nd higher Quality movie I made has no Subtitles:confused: .
I went back and made sur the subtitle was on. but when watching the movie in preview window there's is no subtitle in the movie.
I would like to make sure before burning another movie that the sub is on It'
Thanks in advance for your help:8)

The first movie I made had the sub titles. but I made the whole thing with menues and everything and the Quality wasn't that good.

For some movies you'll just have to live with either poorer quality results if you wish to compress it from a DVD DL to DVD-5. CloneDVD doesn't have the best quality in the world as a transcoder but it's hard to get better results with any program when you are talking that much compression.

Personally, if I were to compress a movie like Apocalypto I would rip as a DVD DL and then compress with DVD-RB Pro & CCE. That is my normal method but, I, myself ripped and burned this movie to a Verbatim DVD+DL with no issues. I removed the garbage and kept the good stuff at 100% quality.

So I treaked it to run with out the all the extra's and the Quality was in the 72% range instead of the previous 53% range but the 2nd higher Quality movie I made has no Subtitles:confused: .
I went back and made sur the subtitle was on. but when watching the movie in preview window there's is no subtitle in the movie.

Subtitles don't show up in the preview window. I don't even think forced subtitles show up in the preview window but I've never actually made a backup of a DVD with forced subtitles. Nonetheless, Apocalypto is not a movie with forced subtitles. Select the subtitles to keep and your backup should have the subtitles that you will have to manually turn on when playing the movie.

I would like to make sure before burning another movie that the sub is on It'

This is why I always recommend ripping to your HDD first and then making sure things look right before burning it. If you pick the Spanish audio stream(s) and the English subtitles you should have no problems with this movie.

It's up to each individual about how much quality they are willing to sacrifice when making a compressed backup. You can't have the best of both worlds when it comes to speed and quality. You either need to take a longer route and get better quality [within reason] or do it quickly and lose quality altogether. I tend to to a lot of DVD DL to DVD-5 compressing but I only do so within reason. It's a movie by movie basis and depends on the type of movie, as well. Burning to DVD+DL makes life way easier in situations with movies like Apocalypto.

Last edited:
I put the movie on the hard drive and viewed it there and viewed the subtitles from there.
When I go to cloneDVD2 to copy it to my DVD there is no subtitles on the burnt dvd. I copied it from the hard drive.
What %*^& gives

I put the movie on the hard drive and viewed it there and viewed the subtitles from there.
When I go to cloneDVD2 to copy it to my DVD there is no subtitles on the burnt dvd. I copied it from the hard drive.
What %*^& gives

I don't know what to tell you. I burned the movie just fine with the subtitles. If the subtitles are there when viewing the ripped DVD on your HDD and not on the burned DVD then you must be [unknowingly] removing them in the process of burning the files from your HDD to your blank DVD.

Last edited:
I do not have this particular movie nor have seen it, however, this has been my observation with movies with subtitles:

In the past, if I do a backup without the menu (movie only), the subtitles must be toggled on from my dvd player remote. However, if I have included the menu and press play, the movie plays with subtitles. (in the majority of foreign movies). Why, I don't know.

When I do a backup, I set AnyDvd to jump to "title menu". CloneDvd, I set to movie only, but include menus. Make sure you have the correct foreign language and all English subtitles.

Hope this helps.

See this thread.

I copied the movie with menus included, but 'jump to main movie' enabled and didn't get the subtitles to default to ON. They were there OK - just had to select them 'ON' with the DVD player controls.

I finally got the English subtitles to run immediately after inserting the disc by running it through DVD Shrink and forcing the subtitles.

Back