• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help with Clown BD please

segaman40

In a message from support in answer to a request from me with regards to backing up my 3D blu-ray DVD's, was to use AnyDvd HD, along with Clown BD and then IMGBurn should I wish to write the DVD. I have looked at help with Clown BD, but it refers to eac3to, tsMuxeR etc. When the default box opens up in Clown BD, there are location boxes that are already filled in that just seem to refer to where I downloaded the Clown BD. I now have 10 Blu-ray 3D films and I want to do as I have done for years with AnyDVD where I rip the basic film and soundtrack only to a backup DVD and use in my set top box, so if I'm to use AnyDVD HD and Clown BD, presumably I have to substitute the already filled in location boxes with relevant information.

I'm not copying on the fly as such, I'll try that a little later on. I have already copied the first 3d DVD to the HDD where I intend to put them all when I'm sorted. I have tried various things in Clown BD and get error messages, so I just want to know please, what specific info goes into these location boxes in Clown BD?

I am trying to back up Smurfs in 3D, I'm in the UK and the AnyDVD HD log I think I'm meant to produce is as follows

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.0.4.0, BDPHash.bin 12-04-27)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-206 1.56 11/05/06PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 20101056 sectors (39259 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SMURFS_3D
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 25
Removed AACS copy protection!

So sorry for going on a bit, but as I say, I'd just like to rip the basic film as I always have done with anydvd for years now, I believe there will be a Clone product in the future which will do as anydvd now does, but till then.......

Regards

I didn't read your whole post, but the short answer is you can't use Clown_BD with 3D movies.

Clown_BD is not a Slysoft product, so thread moved.

Try this route for 3D movies to re-encode and compress if needed.

AnyDVD HD
BD Rebuilder or BDtoAVCHD
Imgburn

That route won't work as neither of those programs will let you shrink a 3D movie, you'll end up with a 2D only disc at the end. At the moment there's no way to 'shrink' a 3D movie and keep it as a 3D disc unless you want to re-encode to side by side

Last edited:
OK, well, thanks anyway guys, I guess its not quite yet time to try to back up my 3D films.

Back